• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Always liked Ward, a very underestimated player in my opinion.
Could never understand why he seemed to be discarded at the same time as the rest of the troublesome bomb squad as he certainly to me never seemed like he would be any bother and would always give 100%. This tie up with Johnson perhaps suggests otherwise.

IIRC the first thing I posted when I joined here was to diss Ward and someone said "oh here we go, another Ward knocker" :ROFLMAO:

Always liked Ward, a very underestimated player in my opinion.
Could never understand why he seemed to be discarded at the same time as the rest of the troublesome bomb squad as he certainly to me never seemed like he would be any bother and would always give 100%. This tie up with Johnson perhaps suggests otherwise.
I had exactly the same thoughts. Really surprised to see he's mates with RJ.

Nice read that, for some reason theres loads of players from that time who I thought spent ages with us but when I look back at their stats it turned out it was quite a short spell.

I always liked Ned, reading that back it still gets me angry, not just the McGinley but the whole damn period of chucking opportunities away. Bully really should have played in the Premier league.

Reactions: b3h
We were. At the ground I saw the push and shove afterwards but didn't know about the punch, there would have been more anger than upset at the time if we had.

We were not great, but always thought we were going to get the goal. Like TT I didn't see the punch but from the reaction it was clear something was massively wrong.

I was there, genuinely think this is the first time I've seen it since. I was absolutely broken.
Far end to us in foul weather. Probably the most deflated I’ve ever been after a game. Wembley semi three years ago runs it close but Burnden was the worst

I wasn't sure whether to post this or not so I'll leave the names out, a couple of players from the McCarthy era have their kids in the same school that my kids go to. I've had a quick chat with both of them and it seems that a fair few from that era are in the area, both were more than happy to talk and came across as being good guys.

The only slight sense of justice is that McGinely has to severely moderate his social media accounts as he is constantly hounded by so many wolves fans.

I listened to that on the radio, awful. We should have put the game beyond reach in the first leg, we were all over them.

We played really well at Molineux but the finishing was crap. The narrative is that Shilton had a worldie, he didn't really. He made saves you'd expect any keeper to make, just quite a lot of them.

Their goal was annoying. One as McAteer blatantly shanked it and two as Stowell had a terrible habit for 2-3 years of being beaten easily from range.

I didn't go into the away leg with much faith at all, the chance had gone. Bolton were a better team than us in general, our defence had totally gone to shit at the end of that season and we were playing bloody Rankine in CM.

We were not great, but always thought we were going to get the goal. Like TT I didn't see the punch but from the reaction it was clear something was massively wrong.

I don't think Kelly helps the situation in our favour by being a thoroughly nice bloke (/pussy) by shaking McGinley's hand after being floored by him.

Back