• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Aye, he's not quick, or a goalscorer, but the kid's a straight up baller and he'll be going for £50m in the next year or two. It was so obvious that he was worth a punt at £15-20m, even if he went straight back on loan to Porto.

Vits and Trincao - Similar levels for me in terms of how they performed during their loans (Trinc probably edging it but has has more time on the pitch...I thinks that is true some other sod can fact check). Maybe Vit's was harshly treated by Nuno with regards to the game time but nothing he did that made me think 100% should sign him.

I wonder if 12 months time we will be fucked off we didn't sign Trincao as he rips up the Spanish or Portugese Leagues
Trincao definitely played more.

What goes against him is his Steve Corica approach to any kind of physical challenge. Heart of a pea.

Vits and Trincao - Similar levels for me in terms of how they performed during their loans (Trinc probably edging it but has has more time on the pitch...I thinks that is true some other sod can fact check). Maybe Vit's was harshly treated by Nuno with regards to the game time but nothing he did that made me think 100% should sign him.

I wonder if 12 months time we will be fucked off we didn't sign Trincao as he rips up the Spanish or Portugese Leagues

You've got to pop the wages into the calculation too tbf, and Vitinha is probably on a tenth of what Trincao is earning

You've got to pop the wages into the calculation too tbf, and Vitinha is probably on a tenth of what Trincao is earning
I'm just taking the do they look like they are worth a punt rather than total package to get them on board (that said Trincao is a million miles from the reported 120k he earns pw)

Both players have potential but didn't do really enough to make me feel we should be signing them. At one point last year someone from Porto was saying he was joining us, maybe the kid thought fuck that, not going back there.

It has already proven to be the wrong decision and I'd have gone through with it, based on his performance for Portugal in the U21 Euros, but it's not one I can have too much of an issue with.

Nuno barely played him - I think there was a game against Albion he did well in and the worldy versus Chorley, so we'd buying on potential rather than anything we'd really seen on the pitch. Jeff decided we didn't have any money so that budget for a young player with potential went on RAN instead.

If he'd stayed I doubt we'd have seen much of him until the last couple of months of the season, not signing definitely worked out better for him and Porto than us though

Lonners offered a new deal at Everton. Will still be 3rd choice

Aye, he's not quick, or a goalscorer, but the kid's a straight up baller and he'll be going for £50m in the next year or two. It was so obvious that he was worth a punt at £15-20m, even if he went straight back on loan to Porto.
He’s a fuck lot quicker, a more of a goal scorer than we’ve got now.

Has to be 🤣

One of his first games will be against Wolves!

David Davis to FGR
Martin Riley retires then decides against it a week later

Back