• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Absolutely ridiculous what we've done there. I'd like to know who was responsible for making the decision not to sign him.
Well we had a few million to spend last summer (for reasons unknown) and we decided to go with one of the loans who had impressed and that wasn't Vits.

I can't join in the rage on this one. His season with us was, at best "meh" he just then walked off and had a blinder for Porto. Can see why we passed on the deal though.

Bigger and better clubs than us and have let a player go that with hindsight turned out to be an error.

Well we had a few million to spend last summer (for reasons unknown) and we decided to go with one of the loans who had impressed and that wasn't Vits.

I can't join in the rage on this one. His season with us was, at best "meh" he just then walked off and had a blinder for Porto. Can see why we passed on the deal though.

Bigger and better clubs than us and have let a player go that with hindsight turned out to be an error.
This isn't just letting a player go and it turns out to be a bit of a mistake though, Vitinha might turn out to be one of the best players in the world in his position.

Maybe he will, we’d have probably stuck him as LWB or in goal

As said last week, clearly the wrong decision. I'm more than happy to climb in to the great and the good at Wolves, but on this one I can't be enraged. If you want to blame anyone, put it on Nuno. As for PSG, players have gone there and disappeared, I don't think it's a particularly good move for him. Obviously time will tell

This isn't just letting a player go and it turns out to be a bit of a mistake though, Vitinha might turn out to be one of the best players in the world in his position.
Who showed next to nothing of that ability in a full season with us. Highlights include scoring v Chorley and looking ok v WBA.

I get that he then went away and unlocked that potential, i'm just saying I can see why the club didn't spend the money on him. I can get annoyed at our transfer budget for last summer but not an error in hindsight. Football is littered with decisions like this.

I was more convinced by his performances in the U21s Euros at the end of the season. You could see how good he was, alongside and against some very good players.

As mentioned though, for whatever reason we had absolutely no money to spend last summer.

If anything, this should be a lesson not to write off young players too early

Looking forward to Trincao ripping it up next season at a yet unnamed club?
Wouldn’t surprise me if he does very well for Sporting next season. Very gifted, we got glimpses of what he could do.

At £25m understand why we won’t though. £15m for Vitinha I would have though

Who showed next to nothing of that ability in a full season with us. Highlights include scoring v Chorley and looking ok v WBA.

I get that he then went away and unlocked that potential, i'm just saying I can see why the club didn't spend the money on him. I can get annoyed at our transfer budget for last summer but not an error in hindsight. Football is littered with decisions like this.
I don't think you're appreciating how good he is. I don't care if he hadn't played a single minute for us, the fact that we had him in and around our training ground for a year and nobody saw his quality is an abomination. It should've been our #1 priority to sign him permanently last summer.

Nuno definitely dropped a bollocks not playing him more. Probably too much loyalty to his regular players.

I don't think you're appreciating how good he is. I don't care if he hadn't played a single minute for us, the fact that we had him in and around our training ground for a year and nobody saw his quality is an abomination. It should've been our #1 priority to sign him permanently last summer.
For whatever reason we could only sign one of him or RAN due to how the owners currently run the club. I don't agree with how they're doing it and they have no need to do it, but that is how it is.

Of the two in a binary choice, RAN was the correct one, especially with Jonny out for ages.

Back