• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

This comment amused me:

"He’s a flouncing ponce, stands there with his arms in the air when a team mate doesn’t read a pass or one of his stupid flicks fails. Sits on the floor with his arms in the air bitching to the ref when he’s been fairly tackled rather than getting up and chasing the ball. Needs to sort himself out."

He wouldn't actually get in our team now we've changed formation.

Like fuck would you trust him in a midfield two, you're not going to do something mental like put him at RWB, and he has nowhere near enough goal threat to play instead of Hwang.

It’s worked out rather nicely with getting that massive sum and early signs are that Doyle will suit our style rather more.

Glad we're rid, even if Pep does end up doing Pep things to him. He never would have achieved those heights here, we got a decent sum of money, and I think it forced us to rethink our style of play/formation. As Deutsch mentioned he wouldn't get in a 3-4-3.

Podence is wearing a comedically large number on his back which exaggerates his shortness

It’s almost like they knew about Tonali and all of this was planned…

I wouldn’t expect these fine people to do anything that shady though.

Reactions: b3h
Neves to Newcastle might turn out to be one of the worst kept secrets in football.

If it happens, there will be sone serious questions to answer…..all over the place.

Let’s face it, it’s likely.

When the Neves sale went through in the summer I said then that this was the plan. It was pretty much open secret conversation among Newcastle fans. The only question was whether it would be an immediate loan or in January. Now we know the answer. I guess the optics would have been far more obviously dodgy had they loaned him in August.

What would even be "the hassle"?
The PL and it's larger clubs are already concerned about the longer term threat coming from Saudi. If a player can be loaned or bought at half the price he was sold for a few months later they would absolutely kick off as it makes a complete mockery of FFP. I can take Dire's point that Newcastle don't care, but that move would come with a shitstorm of bad publicity and bad blood, even if no rules have been officially broken.

Remember the buyout in the first place was only signed off because the shitstain of a PM put pressure on the PL to do so.

The PL and it's larger clubs are already concerned about the longer term threat coming from Saudi. If a player can be loaned or bought at half the price he was sold for a few months later they would absolutely kick off as it makes a complete mockery of FFP. I can take Dire's point that Newcastle don't care, but that move would come with a shitstorm of bad publicity and bad blood, even if no rules have been officially broken.

Remember the buyout in the first place was only signed off because the shitstain of a PM put pressure on the PL to do so.
I just don't think anyone would particularly care too much (they should, but they won't), especially as Neves isn't a particularly high profile player.

I liked Jackie Gallagher back in the 80s, not sure why but he just seemed like a bit of an underdog though I think he was the Erling Haaland of East Anglian/Forest & Fens football!

Back