• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Something odd going on there. They've signed Ross McCormack and Wes Hoolahan too. They're in the 11th tier.
Just looked into them and they were in the Sheffield County Prem Div 2 less than 2 seasons ago when they formed, that was the league in and around I played. Lot of my mates currently play for the side bottom of the Division above.

Last edited:
São Patrício has finally lost his starting spot at Roma under Daniele De Rossi, played over 100 games for them and is 36 now. Think he'll probably move back to Portugal in the summer. I don't think he'd ever be welcome back at Sporting because of how he left, maybe Braga or Vitória?

Been listening to 'The Rest Is Football' podcast recently. Lineker, Shearer and Micah Richards, its a bit bantery, irritatingly so occasionally but I like them anyway.
On Friday they have an interview with Conor Coady.

Yeah it’s okay, Richards who I don’t mind every now and then laughs hysterically for basically no reason, but is quite enjoyable.

Look forward to the Coady one though

Paul Bradshaw was a fantastic keeper. After watching Phil Parkes who was at the end of his career I think any keeper would have been an improvement but Bradshaw was a huge upgrade. Very athletic he was an outstanding shot stopper. RIP.

I think Burridge got POTS the year we went back up in 82/3, but as a kid at the time I didn't understand why Bradshaw was replaced, he'd played well even in the relegation season. In hindsight I think it may have been for some of the more colourful off field stuff.

Paul Bradshaw was the Wolves keeper in my first ever Panini Album.

Remember that team well.

Watching back replays of the 1980 league cup final he had an excellent game

He was in goal for my first ever game on Boxing Day 1979

RIP Paul (If True) Wolves are not reporting it. He was a fantastic Shot stopper

RIP Paul, great keeper.

Not sure if true, but someone in my local pub in a small village just on the edge of Gateshead/Northumberland reckoned a while back that Paul Bradshaw lived in this village and occasionally came into the pub. I never saw him and don't know if the person who told me was right or not.

I think Burridge got POTS the year we went back up in 82/3, but as a kid at the time I didn't understand why Bradshaw was replaced, he'd played well even in the relegation season. In hindsight I think it may have been for some of the more colourful off field stuff.
It was because Bradshaw had a back injury - it's why he was never the same keeper afterwards.

Back