• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Awesome! See you then Joel!

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

See you! I'm so excited!

Hoping someone somehow sorts you out mate!

excellent opus reference sir. The pedant in me must point out it's actually live is life, but I still tip my hat to you.

It will all be okay!

People here are awesome and the stadium is big enough!

Cheers for the info Pavlos, just booked my flights.

Can attest to the quality of European pickpockets, one took my phone on Wednesday night and I didn't even realize he'd done it until he walked away. Had to chase him down the street and lamp him before he'd give it back.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

When I went to Barcelona, I kept my phone and wallet on my front pockets, hidden behind a shirt or sweater. Not taking chances!

Finish playing in Athens midnight Thursday
Kick off against WHU 2pm Sunday.
Seems more than fair to me...

We get our two hours back though :icon_lol:

It is odd for Greek teams (and Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian etc) to have that slot.

general opinion here is that the early kickoff is as much about getting the wolves fans away from the stadium after the game as it is for tv purposes.
Kareskaki the Olympiacos stadium is reachable anly by metro if you dont know Athens, and it's a metro station custom built alongside the ground and frankly it ay that big, and the metro train stop at 12pm greek time
they will keep wolves fans in the ground until the home fans have cleared the area, and frankly it is the only way to do it.

general opinion here is that the early kickoff is as much about getting the wolves fans away from the stadium after the game as it is for tv purposes.
Kareskaki the Olympiacos stadium is reachable anly by metro if you dont know Athens, and it's a metro station custom built alongside the ground and frankly it ay that big, and the metro train stop at 12pm greek time
they will keep wolves fans in the ground until the home fans have cleared the area, and frankly it is the only way to do it.
The game in Athens is a late kick off though

Just to complete the picture Eintracht Frankfurt went through after a 2-2 draw against Salzburg.

Flights are booked. Both Arsenal & Tottenham have this season put on free return coach travel from the Panathenaic Stadium to Kareskaki and advised supporters this was the best/safest way to travel.

I could use my language skillz to blend in, but they would all look at me and wonder if I was 2600 years old.

Taking into account (for some stupid reason...well tv, so as I say stupid reason) they have to kick off at 5.55 (7.55 Greek time) or 8pm (10pm Greek time) surely anyone with a brain cell would have put it the other way round!

Presumably this is to accommodate an 8pm KO for Man Utd for their second leg? If both ties are televised, they would expect and get the prime slot!

Presumably this is to accommodate an 8pm KO for Man Utd for their second leg? If both ties are televised, they would expect and get the prime slot!

Doesn't matter, we've gone head to head with them loads of times in this competition already (we're hardly in competition with them anyway, we're not going to take audience share away from them in a straight fight)

Just seems UEFA have gone with their straight split of 4 early, 4 late and for some reason we haven't challenged it which I do find very surprising.

Oh btw my supporter number is 99% available for the home leg. I think I've got 150 odd points. I'll confirm on Monday but pretty sure I've an afternoon meeting I can't get out of that day. Stoopid early kick off time.

Doesn't matter, we've gone head to head with them loads of times in this competition already (we're hardly in competition with them anyway, we're not going to take audience share away from them in a straight fight)

Just seems UEFA have gone with their straight split of 4 early, 4 late and for some reason we haven't challenged it which I do find very surprising.

Probably wanna keep in UEFA's good books, nobody wants them looking at the finances with a fine tooth comb a la City.

Back