• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
I watched the 2nd half and he didn't have a lot to do as Hearts were in full control and most of Celtic's play went down their right.

Looked fairly standoff-ish the bits he did have to do though. Nothing noteworthy.

Kyogo always impressed me every time I see him. Very direct and aggressive a bit like Cunha.

Guedes has come on for the second half and scored for Villarreal vs Granada. Mosquera's also playing. They're winning 5-0.
One Theo Corbeanu came on for Granada and scored late to stop the clean sheet.

I guess that manager just knows how to talk to him? So weird.

Weekend roundup

Ki-Jana Hoever - Stoke City, Championship
Played the full game in a 2-0 win vs Middlesbrough.

Yerson Mosquera - Villarreal, La Liga.
Played the full game in a 5-1 win at home to Granada. Guedes came on for the second half and got the fourth with Mosquera starting the move.

Goal on 3:40 (Corbeanu's goal is decent at the end as well)

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos, Greek Premier League
Played a full game in a 3-0 home win but got no goals or assists.

Dexter Lembikisa - Hearts, SPL
Played a full game in a 2-0 win over Celtic.

Louie Moulden, - Northampton Town, League 1
Played in a 1-1 draw with Charlton. Was the victim of some atrocious defending and a deflection in front of him for the goal but made a smart save to keep the scores level.

Harry Birtwistle - Oxford City, National League
Played his first full game in a 2-1 home defeat to Aldershot. His header led to the cross that set up the goal.

Joe Young - Buxton FC, National League North
Played in a 0-0 draw at home to Scarborough.

Owen Farmer - Rushall Olympic FC, National League North
Played 69 minutes of a 2-1 defeat at Chorley

On as sub: Fabio Silva came on as sub after 35 minutes thanks to an injury: didn't do much other than win a penalty as his team lost 2-1 at home to Motherwell. Chiquinho played the last 10 minutes of a 1-1 draw.

Unused subs: Cundle, Hodge, Lonwijk, Bolla, Chiquinho.

Not in squad: Campbell

No game: Hesketh, McLeod (both postponed)

Last edited:
Fabio playing left wing, involved in the first and assist for the second. Been average between those.

Nightmare night for Yerson so far though, calamitous own goal and then a rash challenge to concede the penalty for the 3rd. All over the place for the 4th too.

Last edited:
That's disappointing on the Mosquera front, hopefully just a bad game as this version of Marseille aren't better than who he's been playing in La Liga

I've watched the Rangers game, think it might actually suit Fabio to play off the left as he doesn't get totally swallowed up like he does up front. Still too many moments where he's too weak or switches off and silly flicks to no one.

I've watched the Rangers game, think it might actually suit Fabio to play off the left as he doesn't get totally swallowed up like he does up front. Still too many moments where he's too weak or switches off and silly flicks to no one.
He’s worked his bollocks off second half and looked dangerous when he got it in the final third. Too many careless passes his main problem still though but when he plays in European games he does show that he’s got ability.

“MOTM performance from Fabio tonight”

Text from the father in law, who’s a Rangers STH.

“MOTM performance from Fabio tonight”

Text from the father in law, who’s a Rangers STH.
Currently in front in the bbc rate the players part of the match report.

A mid-week update.

Mosquera and Guedes both played the full game of a heavy defeat at Marseille, as mentioned, with Yerson bagging an own goal. Fabio Silva played 90 mins and got an assist for the second in a 2-2 draw at Benfica. Bolla played 81 minutes of a 0-0 draw with Plzen, while Podence got 77 mins in a 4-1 defeat at home to Maccabai Tel Aviv.

Hoever played a full game in a 1-0 defeat at Leeds. Stoke still in the bottom three on goals scored. Moulden had a night to forget in a in a 5-1 hammering at P'boro - could have done more to keep out a two or three of them. Owen Farmer kept his place in the team and played 70 minutes of a big 2-1 win at Banbury that takes them clear of the relegation zone.

On as sub: Cundle played the last 10 minutes or so at Leeds. Hodge came on for half an hour against I can't remember who.
Subs not used: Hesketh, McLeod

Last edited:
Hodge came on in the QPR game I watched. The most memorable contribution was unfortunately an overhit through ball when they had a great chance. In his favour, the ball went much futher than DW suggested he could physically kick a footy.

Ah yeah, I missed out Hodge.

I must have a subconscious aversion to a certain club that was involved.

Back