• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Olympiakos (H) Build Up and Match Thread

Norman Deeley

Dean Saunders's Press Officer
Reaction score
Everyone else is having fantasy games. Why not...

Gutted that WHU got away with targeting Adama's shoulder at the weekend, but couldn't ask for a better deputy than Neto. On the assumption that Neves recovers from that knock I'd go 3-4-3 and go for it from the start.

Rui
Boly - Coady - Saiss
Doc - Neves - Moutinho - Vinagre (please Jonny, come back soon)
Neto - Raul - Jota

They've got to come at us and I reckon we can do them on the break. I've had a fiver on 2-0 at 7/1

Shit, I'd better catch my train for the game!

I actually went to work this afternoon to find another signaller there. It then dawned on my that I'd booked the day off for the match...
When I got to work I should actually have been in The Crown with DW and Trips

Real withdrawal symptons now as should be in Wolverhampton by now and having the first pint!

Still - have been refunded for the hotel room (& the one I had booked for the Arsenal game) so the credit card account looks a bit better.

As to the match - roared on by a hyped up Molineux crowd we take the lead with a Neves screamer on 42 mins, then Jota makes it safe in the 57th. We close the game off at that point & there is no way back. :)

I had the day booked off to get in the pub early. Was really looking forward to it. Now I am at work as a cancelled the holiday for when I might need it more in future and I have spent most of the day wondering if there actually be anything on the shelves in Morrisons later. Football just seems a bit meh, although I miss meeting up with the usual suspects for a pint and a natter before a game.

I look forward to reading all your match reports!

I'm off to see baddiel...

6pm kick off?

5.55pm

I'll listen on Radio WM. Can't wait for Daz Hale to ask some Olympiacos fans before the game if they are going for some Moussaka or some Kebabs after the game (just like when he was quizzing the Torino fans about going for some Pizza's).

Ultimately this is the only matchday I've missed so far (I'm not paying to watch football in an athletics stadium, sorry. Done it once at the Withdean and never again) so not really felt that aspect of it yet.

Did hit home a bit when I was talking to Mike about it earlier though. We had a really good day planned out. It's not happening today and God knows when it'll next happen.

It's not just football, it's a huge chunk of my world that I don't get now. Friends I'm not going to see for months.

It's not just football, it's a huge chunk of my world that I don't get now.

It's become a huge part of my world too, it gives me much needed time out on my own. It's what keeps me sane!

I'm really missing it.

Me too, feel a bit lost without it. We've had so many games this season it really becomes part of your routine, its been (on the whole) very enjoyable too. It was nice to finally meet some of the fellow forum members this season too after so many years of posting on here.

Lets hope football is back and part of our lives before too long.

Living about a zillion miles from Wolverhampton I'm probably the only person on the forum who's never met anyone else on the forum - apart from Moonstrum, who I think lives in Eastern Europe. When all this is over I'm going to put that right if someone can get me a ticket.

Anyway - an hour to kick off and the team is as expected.

Subs: Ruddy, Kilman, Podence, Buur, Jordao, Donk and - wonder if he'll get a few minutes - Campana

As always I'll be casting BT Sport from my phone to the telly, wondering if the pic wouldn't be better if I watched on a ZX Spectrum

Gutted.

Should be in Wolverhampton since this morning. Instead we're all stuck at home.

Ah well.

Looking forward to this home game and, I hope, watching it live.

First team as always, give 'em hell.

Where do you live, Norman D?

I live in Scarborough, Pablo. I was sitting in the main stand for the 2-2 draw and had a lovely view of the Wolves fan tumbling through the roof of the stand. Later that season I started doing the PA announcements for Scarborough, and if you go on Youtube and watch Scarboro' beat Chelsea 3-2 in the League Cup, that's me on the PA. So for maybe 10-15 years Scarborough were my first team and Wolves (who I supported as a boy) my second team. As you know, Scarborough went bust later on, and I gradually fell back in love with Wolves. Your team going bust is a very odd sensation: I have absolutely sympathy for any football fan it happens to - it's awful. "Falling back in love with Wolves" was an exact parallel to falling back in love with your first girlfriend. I count myself very fortunate to see Wolves where they are now, and the Championship season was something special for me

Can't seem to get a stream, have we conceded yet..?

Slow start, we are wasting an opportunity here, WE MUST DO BETTER

It's just not sticking up front. Raul still looks tired to me. That was a decent chance for them. Young Ruben caught napping a bit there...

Back