• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 0 - 2 Wolves Verdict Thread

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
We could probably spend ages just dissecting how Reading managed to cock up so many chances, but thankfully, they did manage it.

Top of the league, plenty of film for the defense to study, and the Portuguese even managed not to melt in all that scary British rain.

Another good away win, although sounds like we were a bit lucky.......but I'll take the odd spawny win amongst the more classy stuff

What was wrong with my title this time!?

Alan in first so feel free to merge mine in

We did enough - which is really all we need to do

Good away win.

Important to pick up these points, especially with everyone else around us winning.

Can't wait to see the goals properly.

Rapidly approaching 2.25pts per game.

Most potent strikeforce in the league.

3rd best defence.

Best GD by a distance.

It is beginning to look rather rosy.

Good win in miserable weather. Only watched the second half and I thought we passed the ball relatively slowly from what we have been doing in previous games and there were some silly mistakes. However 4 or 5 moves were scintillating in their speed and movement, just lacking the final touch or a person on the end of them.

Doherty's goal was very well taken and a pleasure to watch Costa in full flight again. He looked sharp in his cameo.

Quick ratings for this one....

Ruddy (i am giving 2 ratings today) 5 & 10 - some really dodgy moments then some cracking saves one in particular really was world class.
Vinagre 8 - one cock up towards the end but a real threat going forward all game and good defensively, this lad is special.
Doc 8 - Just seems to be getting better and better, Nuno has worked some magic there, did great for the goal turned his man and drilled it near post.
Boly 8 - A beast I love him.
Coady 8 - typical Coady (of this season) mopped up well and his distribution great
Bennett 7 - did ok for most of the game but did lump the ball a little too often for me.
Saiss 7 - Kept it pretty simple for most of the game but defended well and moved the ball when he could.
Neves 7 - Similar to Saiss although he did get on the ball more towards the end, close to an 8
Jota 7 - A fairy quiet game for Diogo, but even so always a threat, great link up play with the other 2.
Bonatini 6 - Isolated at times but worked his socks off, about a mm from getting on to a cracking cross from Cav but otherwise not involved as much as normal.
Cav 8 MOTM - when hes on form hes a real menace, his goal was like something off the training ground he was so calm, a lovely diagonal run to stay onside, a little drag over and a tap in. Also put in some lovely crosses and worked really hard.

Subs,

Bright 4 - Sorry but he did 2 things, which nearly resulted in a Reading goal, crap.
Alf 6 - Not on that long but worked hard and tried to get involved.
Costa 7 - was heavily involved in the play leading up to Doc's goal. A lovely run taking on several and laying it off before combining with Doc again for the goal. Some good signs there.

Can somebody please explain to me why Doc was booked????

Bright 4 - Sorry but he did 2 things, which nearly resulted in a Reading goal, crap.

Look, I know I'm basically making a job out of defending Bright, but this is absolute nonsense.

That's why I like Ruddy! Saves when it matters. Great 3 points against a decent side. Not our best but three more points

Look, I know I'm basically making a job out of defending Bright, but this is absolute nonsense.
He didn't complete a single pass and gave the ball away in dangerous areas twice he was utter shit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He didn't complete a single pass and gave the ball away in dangerous areas twice he was utter shit.

Sadly I agree with you. N'Daiye was pretty piss poor as well. Both kept giving the ball away.

He didn't complete a single pass and gave the ball away in dangerous areas twice he was utter $#@!.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about so I'll just leave it as I don't know who you were watching but it wasn't Bright.

It wasn't just ndaiye and bright giving the ball away

It was more a comment about Siggy saying Bright was pap but Alfie was OK. I thought both were rubbish.

I did point out in my post above that we weren't great passing the ball.

Sadly I agree with you. N'Daiye was pretty piss poor as well. Both kept giving the ball away.

I'd like to know which player DIDNT give the ball away today.
very sloppy play lots of times today but we got away with it

It was more a comment about Siggy saying Bright was pap but Alfie was OK. I thought both were rubbish.

I did point out in my post above that we weren't great passing the ball.

To be fair Reading did a decent closing down in midfield job today.

Back