• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester have had a £15m bid for Troy Deeney turned down. Again, I see how he works for Watford but for Leicester? Not really.

Better version of Ulloa I presume.

Ulloa doesn't start though, so while Deeney is definitely better than him you're not upgrading like for like in your best XI. He isn't really similar to Okazaki and he certainly doesn't play on the shoulder like Vardy.

They're in the Champions League though and will need to rotate the squad more during and after European games. Deeney is someone that can lead the line in the PL, whereas he probably doesn't rate Ulloa enough to do that.

That said I don't rate him enough for that starting role for a top 6 team. They should be aiming higher.

Fair points. I always look upon it though that you should upgrade whoever's in the first team so they become your bench players, then your bench players can leave as they're now expendable (or if you really want to run a much bigger squad, then you can so long as they're happy). Especially when you're negotiating from a position of strength as Leicester are now and might never be again.

Sure we can come up with examples of Wolves signings (especially 2009-2012) where we've bought someone who's slightly better than one of our current back up players...great and all that but it doesn't materially improve things.

Fair points. I always look upon it though that you should upgrade whoever's in the first team so they become your bench players, then your bench players can leave as they're now expendable (or if you really want to run a much bigger squad, then you can so long as they're happy). Especially when you're negotiating from a position of strength as Leicester are now and might never be again.

Sure we can come up with examples of Wolves signings (especially 2009-2012) where we've bought someone who's slightly better than one of our current back up players...great and all that but it doesn't materially improve things.

That was my problem with Mick...We should of replaced players from the top, they drop down and the bench fodder moved on.

Maybe they see Deeney replacing Okazaki?

He spent a lot of time last season dropping off slightly deeper than Ighalo either when defending or trying to get attacks going. He could allow them to keep a similar shape to last season but have another option going forwards rather than always trying to get Vardy in behind.

Maybe they see Deeney replacing Okazaki?

He spent a lot of time last season dropping off slightly deeper than Ighalo either when defending or trying to get attacks going. He could allow them to keep a similar shape to last season but have another option going forwards rather than always trying to get Vardy in behind.

Leicester should try and buy the two Watford strikers they work well together.

Pjanic to Juve. Some midfield they've got now.

Chelsea bid for Andre Gomes rejected.

PSG reportedly chasing BVB's Weigl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back