• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Gave it a decent go with the personnel available and got unlucky at both ends for the Gomes shot and goal. 2-0 flattered them ultimately.

Some good performances out there, not least Gomes who was excellent again. MOTM.

Last edited:
Never in doubt really, game effort but we’re rubbish. I get all the injuries etc but the defence is appallingly organised at times.

Thought Traore and Chirewa played well.

Better performance than expected and better scoreline. Thought we competed well and they knew they were in a game. A good run out for some players who are learning what the Prem is all about. Arsenal were better than us but thought the scoreline flattered them at 2-0.

As for Tierney, hope it's longer than a year before he returns to Mol. He really has no clue what he is doing... simply guesswork based on player reactions.

The effort and endeavour of this group cannot be questioned. I really felt like everyone put a hard shift in - Gomes, Doyle & Traore didn’t stop running. Ultimately we were lacking in quality when it came to the final third, but completely understandable given the players we were missing. Could have been interesting if Joao had scored his chance, but still feel Arsenal had a gear or two to move in to if required.

They’re an extremely unlikeable bunch of players with a prat in charge of them. Give me another boring Man City title win over them winning it any day of the week.

For us, we could do with finding a win from something/anything against Bournemouth or we run the risk of finishing below them. For Gaz’s sake & for the job he’s done, it would be nice if we could make sure that doesn’t happen.

Kudos to the Molineux crowd - you sounded magnificent tonight & Arsenal were properly rattled at points.

If we're relying on getting a foul for that then we might as well all go home and abandon football as a sport.
See this is my argument, in rugby you can't play a player in the Air, it's so dangerous. Doc has Jumped to clear the ball, The Arsenal player puts his arm into his back and pushes him.under the ball.

If he had his feet in the deck, No Foul, once he is in the Air, he has no control over any push

Can't have a go at the team in general after that. Gave it everything, didn't play lowest common denominator crap, fought all the way.

Credit in particular to Chirewa, Bouba, Santi and Doyle who all played well.

Doherty and Sa crap on the goals. But you know what they are. The former in particular. Should never play another minute for us (he will, and I'll hate it, and you'll hear about it).

Will have a go at the club for having us send us a matchday squad like that in our 6th Premier League season. Ridiculous.

I don't think Doc was fouled for their first goal, Jesus was just clever and stood his ground. I do think Tierney was conned by them (or biased) numerous times though. The worst probably when two of their players collided with each other in our box, we were on the break and he stopped play for no reason. There wasn't an offside.
Bunch of diving whingers.
Saka is a diving little shit, he's added that to his game. Not a good look.

It's a better performance than expected.
Chirewa did well, from a position where he's a long way off
Doyle is a neat and tidy player, a very low rent Neves if you will. There's a scenario where he's a PL player, it's not with the way GON wants to play though. As much as Brownhill gets crap as the replacement player in this team, he'd be better as the 3rd or 4th midfielder. Sign him and flip him Afobe style.

Traore impressed, better than I thought he'd be, he needs a season away and another I'd rather have a Brownhill type ahead of to go away and maybe come back 12 months later to challenge Lemina or replace Gomes if he goes.

Kilman did well from positions he handles well.

Nobody had a particularly bad game, one of those where the better side wins without playing well.

Ah apologies. I was looking at the Wolves team what with me being a Wolves supporter and all.

Back