• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Rotherham - the build up

I don't think anyone is really saying Jacobs is a superstar. I also don't believe he has become a better player in people's eyes during his absence (see: Milijas, Guedioura). No-one is really being OTT and suggesting he is the saviour or anything.

I think a lot of why people are calling for Jacobs is that he is seen as a better technical footballer than Edwards is, and would probably offer more link-up play and creativity. They are both very different players, even when playing in the same position. Edwards does some things well, but I'd still stick my neck out and say Jacobs has the potential to offer more. I think many people would like to see what he can do in the #10 role, to see if it would actually be a success in this division too.

Michael Jacobs; the saviour to all problems!

Time will tell on whether he was the missing link for Wolves this season because in time possibly with another club he will be given fair opportunity in his preferred position.

Time will tell on whether he was the missing link for Wolves this season because in time possibly with another club he will be given fair opportunity in his preferred position.

Perhaps, or maybe he'll end up cast off by another Championship club, drop back to League 1 and play bigfish for another season then return to the Championship and flounder once more.

He's a young lad with plenty of time to sort things out but at the moment he's 2 for 2 in failing to step up to the Championship, how many more opportunities will clubs give him?

Perhaps, or maybe he'll end up cast off by another Championship club, drop back to League 1 and play bigfish for another season then return to the Championship and flounder once more.

He's a young lad with plenty of time to sort things out but at the moment he's 2 for 2 in failing to step up to the Championship, how many more opportunities will clubs give him?

I can see him doing very well at somewhere like Birmingham next season, with Wolves fans thinking what if.

I can picture it now, sort of.

wwjd_zpsovxrzpph.jpg

I can see him doing very well at somewhere like Birmingham next season, with Wolves fans thinking what if.

I remember similar things being said when Freddy was sent to Coventry.

Or indeed Denes Rosa was scoring in the reserves. Staggering how brilliant players become by not playing.

It's not so much Michael Jacobs = the saviour though, it's Michael Jacobs = better than Dave Edwards, Leon Clarke or Yannick Sagbo.

It's not so much Michael Jacobs = the saviour though, it's Michael Jacobs = better than Dave Edwards, Leon Clarke or Yannick Sagbo.

Clearly something has happened off the pitch to make the management doubt he is a better option though. Not sure it is all about his ability though

How can we know that though? Give me the choice of either behind the forward last season and I would have said Jacobs.

He was one of the brighter players at Blackpool, he was actually playing quite well at Leeds before he was taken off too.

I don't think KJ would just cast him aside like this because he doesn't think he is good enough. I think it is either a) Attitude issues (which we have heard rumours of) or b) Kenny doesn't have the confidence in the side to continue being expansive at this level and Jacobs is behind other options as a wide option...

He's only 22, but unless something changes soon I think he will be gone in the summer.

Jacobs and Edwards both scored 9 goals in League 1 in 30+ appearances each so it's not as if Edwards is ahead of him for his goalscoring ability.

I don't see the problem in picking either of them based on what type of player you want for a particular game. For some reason KJ doesn't want to give Jacobs a go behind the striker but does Edwards.

Clearly something has happened off the pitch to make the management doubt he is a better option though. Not sure it is all about his ability though

With Kenny on this one.

Perish the thought that we might need to give Edwards some credit here.

Perish the thought that we might need to give Edwards some credit here.

To go from 1st choice to only getting on the bench when we are low on numbers indicates something other than Dave Edwards has been on form.

Apart from his Blackburn goal balls produced at his feet have been like hundreds of marbles thrown at him...

How can we know that though? Give me the choice of either behind the forward last season and I would have said Jacobs.

He was one of the brighter players at Blackpool, he was actually playing quite well at Leeds before he was taken off too.

I don't think KJ would just cast him aside like this because he doesn't think he is good enough. I think it is either a) Attitude issues (which we have heard rumours of) or b) Kenny doesn't have the confidence in the side to continue being expansive at this level and Jacobs is behind other options as a wide option...

He's only 22, but unless something changes soon I think he will be gone in the summer.

Jacobs was ok in the 15 mins he had in the 2nd half but he was appalling in the 1st half vs Leeds.

When Dave Edwards plays well he does get credit, no-one is especially churlish about him. He was excellent against Wigan for example, and had a decent game vs Bournemouth (in a position that ordinarily, he can't really play) until the ref wrecked the game. It doesn't happen very often though and nowhere near enough for a close to automatic pick in that position. He has too many games where he contributes nothing other than running about, it's not good enough. He doesn't score enough goals and he creates nothing.

Back