• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Rotherham - the build up

Jacobs was ok in the 15 mins he had in the 2nd half but he was appalling in the 1st half vs Leeds.

I thought in both of the games he looked far better coming inside with the ball but less confident wider where he wasn't as involved with the play as much. I remember when he was taken off at Leeds as I was saying it should have been Henry, about a minute later Henry knocked in the equaliser!

All this clamor for Jacobs reminds me a little of the clamor for Sigurdarson, honestly.

Could Henry play the #10 role?

All this clamor for Jacobs reminds me a little of the clamor for Sigurdarson, honestly.

Could Henry play the #10 role?

His best asset is his delivery from wide areas, no point moving him inside where it can't be utilised.

Fair enough, guess I'm just wondering out loud if a fluid 3 of Sako, Rajiv, and James wouldn't be a way forward.

Seriously, gentlemen:
- maybe Henry could play no 10
- Edwards has scored a few goals
- Afobe could play no 10
- Jacobs hasn't had a chance this season
- maybe Lee Evans could do a job

We are 2/3rds of the way through the season with a supposedly experienced manager in charge & we haven't got a bloody clue who should play in arguably the most important position in our team. And it isn't even an either/or. This is a pretty damning indictment of the management of the team.

Well it is a bit like that, but not in the way you're making out. Again no-one was making Sigurdarson out to be the saviour last season. Just that there seemed an odd disconnect between him getting the odd start here and there - often terminated after less than an hour - between weeks of bench time and fleeting sub appearances, while Doyle got start after start after start despite contributing nothing tangible at all.

In the end neither were good enough and that might well end up being the case with both Edwards and Jacobs. But we're not getting the opportunity to make a like for like comparison because one never plays.

I've not said either is/was a savior, just drawing parallels.

Seriously, gentlemen:
- maybe Henry could play no 10
- Edwards has scored a few goals
- Afobe could play no 10
- Jacobs hasn't had a chance this season
- maybe Lee Evans could do a job

We are 2/3rds of the way through the season with a supposedly experienced manager in charge & we haven't got a bloody clue who should play in arguably the most important position in our team. And it isn't even an either/or. This is a pretty damning indictment of the management of the team.

Just because a bunch of fans on a forum can't make their mind up on who they'd prefer in a role, doesn't mean the management team don't know what they are doing. I don't think there is a damning indictment there at all. KJ has seemed to be pretty happy with Edwards as the 10, and has only recently been tweaking as he tries to work out how best to get Afobe involved.

Initially the debate came about because Kenny Jackett had been coaching the 3-5-2 system in training. So we looked at the options regards creativity. Imagine a Man Utd forum with United fans thoughts on Louis van Gaals best team. Football evolves and opinions change, same with our manager.

352....a plan B

Jacobs, great last season, has been poor whenever used this season IMO

I am happy to give him another chance but he ain't pulled up trees when he has been used

On the train from Notts.

In the Western for 12 \o/

Okay mate, no worries.

Thanks for the ticket in any event and get well soon. Hopefully see you Tuesday

You can use mini squeeze ' s ticket as she has a party to go to. #socialgadfly

Back