• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton 2 - 2 Wolves - Verdict thread

Bolton 2 - Wolves 2 the Real Wanderers take the point in the last secnd verdict thre

Nervy afternoon & not the best, but a point at the death is better than nothing

Can someone please merge/close my thread (particularly as it has a load of spelling mistakes in it!)

Can't wait to see Henry's goal.

Always satisfying to snag a late equaliser, even if it sounds like we were disappointing for most of the game.

That's made my Saturday a lot lot better! Probably didn't deserve a point, will have to wait and see what everyone who went says but we got it in the best way possible! ! See aren't you all glad I'm back on here!! Must crack open a drink says! Now that I'm learning Espana I can now tell you all that me gusta cerveza!

Not a bad point considering Norwich, Watford, Brentford and Ipswich all dropped points and given what sounded like a very toothless display.

Ha. Fuck you Notlob.

Got out of jail at the end, though apart from the 10min spell when Bolton scored their goals they didn't really put us under great pressure.

Sounded as if there had been too much tinkering with the formation and players were not sure what they were supposed to be doing at times. VLP seemed to have a mare with the final ball which didn't help either

Prefer Peters verdict thread...It has a catchier title :icon_smile:

Think it's pretty clear now that something has to change tactically. Still, late goals like that are always good fun.

Think it's pretty clear now that something has to change tactically. Still, late goals like that are always good fun.

Will be a different story when Sako is back (assuming he will be).

Delighted with the point, would have taken it before kick off. Stopped me feeling quite so shit with this horrible lergy.

Yes, VLP really needs to sharpen up. Seems he can go past players at will but his shooting or final ball is far too often poor or non existent.
Overall poor from us lots of below par performances from players and to lose 2-1 would have been about right.
Seems we could have gone down 3 or 4 -1 but we held out and kept it at 2-1 but then Henry wanted to score the goal of the season and... he did.
So an underserved point but we'll take that.

But not commanding enough and scrappy all day.

Very pleased with the late goal, hopefully with Sako back it makes us a bit more potent going forward. Interested to hear about how afobe and Edwards played and what positions they were actually in.

Wolf Hunting...You asked "Wolves players were behind the goal celebrating in front of their fans and Bolton ran up and and kicked off! with half the Wolves players behind the goal!
The ref allowed it and Bolton attacked but it came to nothing.

Is that allowed Frank!
Highly controversial and one in the eye for anyone who left early!"

The referee should wait for all the players to be back in their own half before restarting the game after a goal. Was the goal scored in front of the Wolves fans?

It isn't allowed and I don't believe it happened either. You book the players for time wasting (if you believe it to be so) and add on additional time, you do not kick off under any circumstance

Correct Tony. All players must be in their own half at a re-start after a goal has been scored.

Very pleased with the late goal, hopefully with Sako back it makes us a bit more potent going forward. Interested to hear about how afobe and Edwards played and what positions they were actually in.

I think we would all have been happy with 8 points from the 4 games that Sako has missed. Very good return without arguably our best player, not many squads would have managed that.

As for the kick off controversy I think we scored at the opposite end to our fans - as all our players went to celebrate in front of them they were all in our half. A cunt's trick on Bolton's part.

Wolves players were in their own half (not sure whether any were off the pitch) as that was the end where the Wolves fans were. Clearly weren't ready in a proper formation though, not sure whether that's our fault or the Ref's to allow play to go on, but then he appeared to have made a number of odd decisions earlier in the game

Back