• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro 2 - Wolves 1. A what did I expect verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Decent performance on Sat - reverted to type tonight

No MoM award because there wasn't one

Boro would always be a hard team to beat at home, but too little too late.

Given that we are not going to make the top 6 or the bottom 3 would just want Kenny to be a little bolder in the last few games. Mason can score goals - please play him, we aren't going to win matches if we don't score

Doherty only player to resemble a footballer. Fucking wank the rest of them

I choose to watch the super league game over this tonight, such has my interest wained over the past two seasons.

From the 20 minutes I watched before Mason came on and the 10 minutes after he did, the difference in the team was that we realised you have to score goals in the game of football.

I'll never stop loving wolves, but I'm certainly not in love with us at the moment.

To say 2-1 flattered us is an understatement, tonight highlights the level we need to be at to get out of this league and we are million miles away and will be for some time.
The way we relinquished possession at times tonight really was depressing.
Fact is the 11 out there aren't good enough and never will be.
Very depressing what do we have to look forward to looking forward into next season?

To say 2-1 flattered us is an understatement, tonight highlights the level we need to be at to get out of this league and we are million miles away and will be for some time.
Very depressing what do we have to look forward to looking forward into next season?

We're going to be shit for a while. Until there's a full clear out of the management at all levels

This was just wank..nothing to build on yet again..defensive kj with saville and coady, two cloggers that dont have skills..start price, two forwards next game, so we can see some attacking threat, get some hope..

In a game where we had nothing to lose, we did nothing. Rubbish.

Byrne's not exactly taking his chance to break into the team - thought Siggy looked much better on the right (and the team as a whole looked better, though Boro were happy to sit off us and let us play more after their second goal so that could be why...).

If Zyro's back in contention for the next match, I'd like to see him up top with Helan left and Siggy right and Mason in the hole ahead of a midfield two of Price (who looked solid when he came on) and... Coady? I don't think he played particularly good today, but Saville was a non-entity and McDonald was more a hindrance to passing moves than help, so Coady kind of wins by losing least.

Fairly crap. I'll be glad when Ken has gone. It may well be June 2022 but it will be great when it finally happens.

That'll be the most comfortable 2-1 they'll ever get. Coady and Saville in the same team doesn't work, both of thems first touch is terrible which means we can't build any possession.

Truly terrible. Kindly sod off Ken and let someone try who actually wants to build a team that can play football.

I watched Shallow Grave as soon as we went 1-0 down. Finished just in time to see our goal scored for us by them. Nothing at all to look forward to in our current predicament. First time I am having doubts now about renewing my ST.

Interesting that Jackett chose to play the 2 replacements for Price and Wolves look better when the original is on the pitch.

I wish Steve Morgan would come back in just for 1 day on Monday, put Jackett, Thelwell and Moxey on notice of 3 months, let the world know there are 3 jobs up for grabs at the end of the season, new owner or not, then Steve can go away again.

The only positive from tonight is that I've still got £32 in my wallet.

We hadn't a clue, it wasn't lack of effort, just lack of ideas. The team again was set up to not score or concede. Saville didn't make the runs he did against Derby. We tried to be compact which by and large we were, but with no quality going forwards. When the manger decided to change something it was to take off a right winger and replace him with a forward, a joke really.

Random player thoughts:
Iorfa is regressing and very quickly, we need a new manager and someone to coach him
properly and give him some confidence or he will be the new Lee Naylor, his awareness outside of his immediate bubble is shocking.

Doherty, MOtM again for me, another assist and our best defender

Batth, against his type of centre forward Rhodes I think he did well

Hause, did well after coming on

Byrne, I'm sorry he's a headless chicken and isn't going to make it. Another poor signing

McDonald, too slow in pace and thought to play that deep, put Price there

Saville and Coady back to usual after last week

Siggy, will never be able to play that role, but not sure anybody could

Last edited:
I watched Shallow Grave as soon as we went 1-0 down. Finished just in time to see our goal scored for us by them. Nothing at all to look forward to in our current predicament. First time I am having doubts now about renewing my ST.

I won't be going again this season and it'll take something special in the summer to get me going again next season.

Not that likely, though City probably aren't 1 of the 3 teams that will go down this time

I know, that was tongue in cheek for kenny..we wont get relegated so just fucking go for it for once :) especially at home

Back