• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A) build-up

Can't agree with this comment from Henry.
“A lot of teams play with that system and when we play it well, we play it better than anyone in the league.

Far to often through the season a gap develops between the front four and the rest of the team because that link through the ten position has been vacated.

Can't agree with this comment from Henry.
“A lot of teams play with that system and when we play it well, we play it better than anyone in the league.

Either way, I hope he's right and they play it well on Saturday,'cause this definitely is a 'must win' game.

Didn't think it worked out completely but certainly worth another go as he's only had one game in that position

I'd change the fullbacks around but I expect an unchanged 11.

Henry was ok there, a better option than Edwards anyway.

Like CD would change the full backs as the ones on the bench are simply miles better than those who started the last two. Doherty played ok generally on Saturday but for the first goal I doubt Iorfa would have been behind the play by three yards to play Vydra on and even if he was he'd have had more pace and strength to correct the error, as it was the incumbent had no hope of getting round because he simply isn't athletic enough.

Henry was ok there, a better option than Edwards anyway.

He just needs to add the runs forward Edwards would make. Couple of times in the first half Afobe got the ball out wide and we had no one in the area as Henry was holding back.

True, if he does though I think he'd have a fair amount of success - he's a pretty decent finisher.

Price must start and that applies to every game for the rest of the season if fit, we have no one else who does what he does.

He just needs to add the runs forward Edwards would make. Couple of times in the first half Afobe got the ball out wide and we had no one in the area as Henry was holding back.
Just require some work on the training field with the front four players working on rotation. It does seem a bit late in the day to suddenly admit Edwards isn't the answer to chance creation and conversion.

Henry needs to stop drifting out to the right if he's going to be playing the No. 10 role. Too often on Saturday we ended up with three on the right leaving our play completely lopsided, and I didn't think too much of his passing either.

Lest we forget the team from last team we played down there.

--------------------------De Vries--------------------------

Doherty------------Johnson-----------Gorkss-------Elokobi

--------------Doumbia----Henry------O'Hara--------------

-------Dicko-------------------------------------------Sako

---------------------------Doyle-----------------------------

The pace in that back four :icon_lol: And De Vries was a better footballer than any of that four as well.

Had you shown me that midfield and attack at the start of that season I would have been pretty impressed to be fair, shows how much changes in a season. That's a horrible team!

Sako on one leg as well as he's got all summer to get over it if his hamstring which isn't anywhere near healed rips again.

Oh goodness yeah, let's not even go into this, makes me angry just thinking about it!

I expect us to stick with the same midfield and attack, though I wouldn't be that surprised if Edwards came in for Henry. Full backs will probably stay the same, though as we have three games in six days I expect there to see the likes of Iorfa, Golbourne, Dicko and maybe even *shudder* Doyle start different games

We need the drive and energy of Edwards away from home for sure. Will also be interesting to see what KJ does with Dicko over the next 2 games.

Sako on one leg as well as he's got all summer to get over it if his hamstring which isn't anywhere near healed rips again.

I recall the twat also saying he would be kept informed about what was happening elsewhere in case he needed to change his game plan or something along those lines. We only had of a chance of staying up if we won so what the change of gameplan would have been god only knows.

I recall the twat also saying he would be kept informed about what was happening elsewhere in case he needed to change his game plan or something along those lines. We only had of a chance of staying up if we won so what the change of gameplan would have been god only knows.

Oh yeah, his famous "watchers" at other games as if it was still 1991 and there was no way of just finding out the scores.

Same as the Burnley/Huddersfield games, we need to win you fetid fucking clown. How hard is that to understand and what kind of idiot formulates plans on the hoof based on events elsewhere that you can't control?

He said: “I will have people at the other games keeping me updated. We will look at the situation at half-time and it will probably be a lot clearer what we have to do.

Why? All we can do is win, just like last week, so why do you have to worry about whats going on elsewhere. What are you going to do Dean at half time if Peterboro and Barnsley aren't losing?

Resign hopefully

Kenny in another funny post shocker!

Back