• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Charlton 0 v Wolves 2 - not a classic, but a 3 point verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Satisfactory win against poor opposition.

Still 3 points & into the top half of the league. Probably where we deserve to be given performances.

From the commentary Graham was the brightest spark & justifiably got the opener

Up to 11th and 6 points outside the play-offs...HOW?

Great to see back to back wins. Looking forward to seeing some highlights.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Feel much happier today and although maybe not a classic, sounds as if we were better than boxing day (low bar) Pleased for Graham

Because this league is shite!!

Correct. And had we approached some eminently winnable games with some actual ambition, we'd probably be even higher.

It's a good three points, seems like yet another fairly dreary performance but playing badly and winning >>>> playing badly and losing. At least we've got to January a fair distance from the bottom three and we can* now get the squad sorted, we need new faces badly all over the place.

*I say can, I mean should. I'm not sure how much we'll actually do bar Zyro and Williamson.

Jackett has had a better second half to the season than first half with his two seasons at Wolves. Hopefully it keeps up, seems to have been a better performance than Reading (not that that's saying much) and another clean sheet, even if Charlton are one of hte poorer teams.

Onto Brighton! Glad we're going into this game on a high

Well, back to back wins with a team selection that no-one here would pick... something has gone right!

We've severely lacked confidence, perhaps a couple of wins will see us start to play again. Though until I see evidence of that I won't get too excited!

Difficult to tell from just the radio commentary (which is notoriously inaccurate) but again Jordan Graham was the spark which created the win.

Been the one bonus so far this season (not sure why it took so long to bring him in to the team though)

3 points is 3 points thats all that was on offer so I'm well pleased. The performance level may start to rise if we take confidence from the wins.
Kenny has a chance to raise his game but I dont think he can hes entrenched in the wrong path.

Terrible game, we were the better team in second half. Afobe for the first goal is absolutely fantastic, he had a great second half. McDonald, coady and Graham also did well. Post more when I get in

Really pleased with 6 points and 2 clean sheets from the last couple of games, even if it hasn't been vintage.

Glad that Graham got the goal he has deserved since coming into the team. He's up to 6 assists from 8 appearances now, too. Shiny!

Clean sheet, away win, manager justified in selecting same starting eleven. (I suppose).

6 points off a Playoff place. This division is fucking shit lolol

Can't argue with 6 points from 6 given our recent performances. Hopefully it's a catalyst for increased confidence and better performances.

Division is complete and utter shit. That said, I'd still like us to just achieve a high finish and consolidate from a poor season to this point.

We need to make some intelligent purchases and not do stupid shit in the transfer window such as letting our best defender go without a suitable replacement.

Division is complete and utter $#@!. That said, I'd still like us to just achieve a high finish and consolidate from a poor season to this point.

We need to make some intelligent purchases and not do stupid $#@! in the transfer window such as letting our best defender go without a suitable replacement.
Or the likely option of letting our best striker go without getting a suitable replacement in?

I'll take any win that we can get but Charlton are shit and we should be beating them. Doesn't sound like it was a good performance again though which will only lead to losing again at some point. Still it's good to have 2 wins in 2 and with clean sheets no matter how we have got them.

Back