• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Charlton 0 v Wolves 2 - not a classic, but a 3 point verdict thread

KJ confirms that Holt is gone and will not return! Tfft!

KJ confirms that Holt is gone and will not return! Tfft!

Good. His presence didn't cost us any points or much money in the grand scheme of things, but on a logical level one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Roughly on a par with him. At least Bent wasn't massively overweight.

Leon Clarke - at least we could send Holt back

We'd already been in the Premier League for a year when we signed Bent.

The three points the most important thing today, should just about put to bed any concerns about the drop and has us looking up as oppose to down.
Sounded like a more positive display 2nd half and we sounded barely untroubled at the back,
Still much improvement needed and we are still a mile off being enough for the top 6.

We were the better side, but never really dominated until the second, that said they never looked like scoring:
Ikeme, handling good, kicking atrocious, no save to make
Iorfa, solid, but needs to learn that an arm in the back leads to the forward going over
Doherty, not a sexy view but he played well against G.......(Iranian bloke). No long term solution and limited going forwards but he did alright
Batth / EEL solid against a poor team
McDonald, busy but didn't run the game like he could have
Coady, when I saw him at Burton in the Summer I thought we may have signed an all round midfielder, unfortunately I was wrong, he was fine today, but not what I hoped he'd be
Edwards, did not play number 10 more an extra pair of legs in midfield, did what he does
Henry, didn't have a very good game
Graham, delivery not always great, but a goal and another assist. Thank god he went to Oxford and learnt his craft😜
Adobe, did brilliantly for the first goal, didn't drop as deep as usual, but still came wider than I would have liked
Byrne, greener than a strawberry in February. Could be a player, needs a lot of coaching, we've paid a lot of money for potential
Ojo, too little time on the pitch to comment

Couple of other thoughts - not been to The Valley before I like the place, felt like a proper ground and train issues aside very accessible.
Our away fan base must be 70% 40+. I'm sure when I was 20 odd it wasn't that way. May be cause for concern in years to come or may just be the way football has gone and in years to come they will be replaced by the next generation.

Cheers for that TT, at least it sounds like an improvement over the last couple of games, I'm reading some reports that Coady had a decent game...maybe just needs a few games?

Coady was fine and played well, just not what I hoped he was an all round midfield player that you don't really see much anymore like the Man Utd versions of Keane, Ince or Robson

Thought Doherty, Coady, Graham & Afobe played well. Byrne had an impact off the bench. Edwards/Henry/McDonald were poor. Not the best game but a welcome 3 points. Will post more later on.

Thought Coady was MOTM personally considering he was doing his own job and picking up the slack for Edwards at the same time.

Thought Doherty, Coady, Graham & Afobe played well. Byrne had an impact off the bench. Edwards/Henry/McDonald were poor. Not the best game but a welcome 3 points. Will post more later on.
Safe trip home mucka, gonna take you a while..

Personally thought Macca was one of the better players, him and Coady seemed like the only ones trying in the first half to me!

Macca was pretty anonymous I thought. Not as blatantly poor as Henry/Eddo but the game passed him by.

Back