• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Charlton 0 v Wolves 2 - not a classic, but a 3 point verdict thread

We're not even close to saying the same thing. Plenty of ambitious managers take on so called lost causes, Paul Lambert at Norwich (they'd just been gubbed 6-1 by his own Colchester team), Jimmy Floyd at Burton, Justin Edinburgh at Gillingham.

Not nobody's at all.

Of course a team will take on an ambitious manager, but a club with no money is not going to take on somebody who wants to spend money and a club with money is not going to take on an unexperienced manager. There will always be an exception, of course.

:icon_lol:

Wouldn't have been Makienok by any chance? What a fucking camel he is.

Polter scored yesterday and didn't seem to have a clue how to celebrate. Brilliant.

Yeah, it was him. He is awful, I can't decide who's worse, him or Polter at QPR.

Definitely Makienok. :icon_lol:

The Charlton centre mid (Ba I think) has got to be up there with the worst players I've seen this season as well.

Ba was fantastic... for us!

From what I heard from the commentary, it seemed that our improved second half performance was due to us pressing and playing further up the pitch. Perhaps anyone at the match would agree. This has been suggested by several people for weeks rather than dropping deeper.

From what I heard from the commentary, it seemed that our improved second half performance was due to us pressing and playing further up the pitch. Perhaps anyone at the match would agree. This has been suggested by several people for weeks rather than dropping deeper.

Yes but remember, we are not allowed to disagree with KJ's decisions!!

There was a lot more energy (which fed into the crowd too) and we were a lot higher up the pitch too. Charlton were an absolute shambles so it was almost forced upon us bizarrely to go for it more.

Interesting comments as regards our defending - he feels it's as much the fault of those in front of the four. From what I've seen Price and Mac are more than capable than defending and getting the ball moving - just a shame he can't seem to sync four other players to pass and move around and in front of them. Get a centre half in and by some miracle of Thelwell recruit a forward player who can bring about some cohesion and fluidity amongst his attacking options. Maybe a left back too - but if he can get us looking tasty going forwards the defence looks after itself. Zyro no better than Henry for me. Need that 'Cantona' figure to go in amongst Afobe, ALF and Graham.

what we're 11th in the table?!

How do you know zyro is no better than Henry? Based on what?

From what a couple of Legia Supporters told me. Although he's far more powerful ! When it comes to technical ability and putting a cross in he's no better than Henry. He's not really what we need.

And these Legia supporters have watched a lot of James Henry, have they?

Polish boys at my work have nothing but good things to say about Zyro. Although they did say he'd struggled with injury over the last year.

From what I've heard Zyro was Legia's golden boy until he got called to the Polish senior team, where he had his head turned by some of those players. He told Legia then that he wanted to be sold. Legia was none too happy about this and neither side let up. Zyro's role in the team diminished greatly (also because of injury) and a portion of the fans in Warsaw turned against him.

We will no doubt see what he is made of & its not as if there hasn't been adverse comments on the alternative choices used so far anyway.

Wish him well & to take the Championship by the scruff of the neck & produce 3 assists in his first game :icon_smile:

Polish boys at my work have nothing but good things to say about Zyro. Although they did say he'd struggled with injury over the last year.

I had similar thoughts from a Polish friend promising player with ability but 'bruises easily'

I have contacts in Poland the feedback on Zyro is that he blows hot and cold but can be very good when he's on form. Has injury problems and has barely played in recent times. They were not convinced he will make it in England but I really hope they are wrong. I mentioned Peszko who they thought was much better. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Little expectancy of Zyro so whatever he brings to the party is a bonus.

Back