• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 2nd February

LG Wolf

Reaction score
Must say, mightily looking forward to this one, even more so after last night.

Great city for a drink, old school ground and only 90 mins on the rattler.

Only 'headache' for Nuno is whether to bring Boly straight back in. For me, yes. Saiss was great last night but when your best players are fit they have to play.

Digne missing for them through suspension and there are also question marks over Baines' fitness so more of the same from Doherty and we could have some joy down that side. Gueye could also be gone to PSG.

Will still be a tough game but they are there for the taking.

3-1 to the good guys, Raul, Jota and Doherty to net.

I agree with LG - Boly has to come back in.

Unfair on Saiss to be dropped, but you play your best 11. I have a feeling Nuno will put Boly on the naughty step though and he'll be in for Shrewsbury instead.

Saiss performed better in the CB role yesterday & scored (though how much that was down to WH being rubbish is a moot point)

At the end of the day Boly is a better CB & should play

I could see Boly coming in for Bennett (and Saiss moving to the right) but agree most likely Boly straight back in for Saiss

I'd have Boly in for Bennett. Really liked the way Romain stepped up into midfield to help control the game last night.

team picks itself and Saiss knows that. Boly back in.

Very harsh to drop Saiss, he looked really good yesterday.

Boly in for Saiss and then Saiss into midfield for Shrewsbury

I'd prefer we play our strongest side against Shrewsbury, leave nothing to chance. The FA Cup should be our priority.

The same team that played at Shrewsbury will win 3-0 at home (just make sure it’s a 3-4-3). Home crowd, good pitch, players in right positions.

The same team that played at Shrewsbury will win 3-0 at home (just make sure it’s a 3-4-3). Home crowd, good pitch, players in right positions.
This, particularly the formation element

Always really liked Saiss and still think him + Neves could have been used more until we changed formation and Dendoncker joined the party. But. Can't ever get over the fact that it feels like he's always a step away from an error, shit pass or bad slide tackle, yano? Some people used to say it about Miranda and I felt the same. Did better than usual yesterday but still think I would put Boly straight back in. Elsewhere Dendoncker looks good and would prefer to see more of him. Sorry Romain and Alan, know you are a big Saiss fan too

Same team as last night otherwise surely.

Unchanged. Saiss stays in but that's just me - deserves it from his performance on Tuesday and I think he will be able to deal with their not-so-firing forward line and give him even more confidence.

Looking forward to this and can really see us getting 3 points, given the state they are in at the moment. Yes they won at Huddersfield but were utterly dreadful and playing an already relegated side.

I'd prefer we play our strongest side against Shrewsbury, leave nothing to chance. The FA Cup should be our priority.

I’ve seen this a lot but I don’t get it. 7th place will be enough to qualify for the Europa League. We are currently 7th. We could get all the way to Wembley and then have Man City in a one off game. For me, the league and finishing 7th is our main priority and if we can have a decent cup run alongside that whilst utilising the squad (as Nuno has been) then we’ll have had a cracking season.

Anyway - absolutely zero chance of Boly not starting this. Jonny came straight back in after his injury because he’s part of our best 11. Boly is no different.

Saiss played well the other night but first 20 minutes he misplaced quite a few passes out from the back, and let’s not forget the goals that have been scored down his side in the two games before West Ham. Boly starts every day of the week, it’s not even a debate!

Regardless of what we play v Shrewsbury, it will be a strong team. Its not like we will be loading the team up with kids. It will essentially be the match day 18 moved around.

As for Everton, sorry Saiss yam back on the bench for this one.

What was Saiss's celebration all about, btw?

Back