• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Got to say, being there wasn't much fun...

Mancienne getting ragdolled by 55 year old Jason Roberts and 0-3 down at HT.
Boo, with your logic and accurate recounting of how things happened.

I remember the feeling in Molineux when Hunt scored practically explode out of my TV. Really was an inexplicably magic moment. (Inexplicable for me, not y’all).

God that annoyed me with our fans and Hunt.

"You can't be too harsh on him, he scored the goal that kept us up".

Aye and if we'd had a proper footballer there all season rather than someone perpetually controlling the ball 10 yards and offering the skill levels of Mark Rankine, we might not have been in that position.

He was bloody awful.

We *just* stayed up and tended to look decent or awful, nothing in between.

The likes of Foley/Zubar/Ward/Henry/Hunt needed upgrading as a matter of urgency (some of them [not Zubar or Hunt] would have been ok as squad players, but they were playing all the time) and we didn't do it.

Doyle's collapse in quality is one I can't pin on the club or manager, just an unreal drop in standard in such a short period.
We were strange that year, had some spells where it felt like we had cracked it with the 4231, largely playing some decent football too. Then would quickly fall apart and we’d have to recover it by being quite organised and direct in a 442.

Ultimately, we didn’t have a very good squad nor a premier league coaching team. Even 10-15 years ago feels like such a different era though!

Nothing sums up 2010/11 like the juxtaposition of Wigan at home on Boxing Day (1/10 for the lot of them would be generous) and then deservedly winning at Anfield three days later.

God that annoyed me with our fans and Hunt.

"You can't be too harsh on him, he scored the goal that kept us up".

Aye and if we'd had a proper footballer there all season rather than someone perpetually controlling the ball 10 yards and offering the skill levels of Mark Rankine, we might not have been in that position.

He was bloody awful.
Unfair 😉

We were complacent QPR, Swansea and Norwich were the worst 3 teams to ever be promoted into the PL, until they weren't. To add to Deutsch's list of issues Henry had already entered his Rambo stage by then too and was becoming a liability
Didn't QPR spend billions with floppy chops at the helm but still got relegated?

Edit - I'm wrong again. Survived by a point but went down the following season.

I regret steering us toward this conversation. Bury that season, actually.

Cost us the following week in the game that should never be spoke of. MM put on attacking players at QPR and went on to win the game and then picked them all the following Sunday.
They ripped us to shreds.
A midfield 2 in actual Premier League game of Edwards and O'Hara, what could possibly go wrong?

A midfield 2 in actual Premier League game of Edwards and O'Hara, what could possibly go wrong?
I had a feeling of trepidation and excitement when I heard the team that day.

The former was clearly the correct emotion!

For a manager so pragmatic, it was such a massive gamble.

A PL manager decided those two and then 4 up front was an acceptable strategy with a back 4 who were all shit. It’s making me angry thinking about it.

Back