• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

First ever time seeing Wolves play in Europe?

BBCR1Newsbeat

Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Christian and I work for BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra's Newsbeat show. We're hoping to present our sport live from Molineux for the Espanyol on Thursday 20th Feb. I'm looking to speak to someone, ideally aged under the age of 30 who will be going to the match as their first ever time seeing Wolves play in Europe.

If that's you, someone you know or you have a special connection to the game then please drop me a message to christian.hewgill@bbc.co.uk.

Thank you!

Moved this into its own thread so it doesn't get missed in all the excitement of not signing any players

As this is our seventh home (and thirteenth in total) game in Europe this season, good luck on finding someone under 30 that’s going to their first one. If you do, take a copy of the club calendar as you might have to point out to them who our players are

Hey, it’s radio one. You got to be down with the kids.
b1aa31abf97fd237f2463ec4caad47b8.jpg

As this is our seventh home (and thirteenth in total) game in Europe this season, good luck on finding someone under 30 that’s going to their first one. If you do, take a copy of the club calendar as you might have to point out to them who our players are

There’s always going to be someone who will make shit up to be on the radio.

I am down with the kids. I listen to Billie Eilish and everything.

I'm a STH and not been to one yet

My favourite player is Ruben Traore

I’ve not been to a game in 2 seasons (financial/ personal reasons) and am 26 so there’s 1 of us

Does the Anglo Italian cup count as European?

But knowing what that is by definition makes me over 30

Let me know when Classic FM are live from a match. Until then, it's a no from me.

You'll have hard enough luck finding someone under 30 on this forum, let alone someone who has not been to a European game.

It's the warm welcome TWF gives visitors that really sets it apart.

Better off asking on 'Wolves Twitter', I reckon...

Nah, no point - those dudes have been to every game since (and including) Chorley.

Is WhiteWolf under 30? Radio 1 could ask him but I think he's more a Radio 4 type.

I really don't fit the age profile so that puts me out (that & the fact that I am old enough to have gone to matches the last time we were properly in Europe)

Back