• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Father in law is down so just watching Rangers with him. Fabio is awful. Slow, weak, poor touch & moans a lot.

Get rid permanently ASAP.

Weekend update

Ki-Jana Hoever and Luke Cundle - Stoke City, Championship
Both played in a 2-0 win at Hull. Hoever got the full game and scored the second, a deflected shot past the keeper. Cundle was subbed after 71 minutes. That probably sees Stoke safe, barring a collapse.

Goal at the end of the video:

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga
Played 74 minutes and scored the winning goal in a 2-1 win at Gil Vicente, as mentioned. Won the penalty for the first with some nice skill as well.

Fabio Silva - Rangers, SPL
Played 79 minutes but didn't do much. His replacement scored the third as they beat Hibs 3-1.

Dexter Lemibikisa - Hearts, SPL
Played 80 minutes of a 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock. Was guilty of some extremely lax defending for the goal - was subbed shortly after.

Bendeguz Bolla - Servette, Swiss Premier League
Played 66 minutes of a 1-0 defeat at Winterthur.

Nigel Lonwijk - Wycombe Wanderers, League 1
Played the full game in a 3-1 defeat at home to leaders Portsmouth and didn't cover himself in glory. Let the forward get in front of him for the first two, then made a hash of two clearances that led to the third. Isn't in the squad for today's game.

Louie Moulden, - Northampton Town, League 1
Played in a 1-0 defeat at Reading and beaten by a beautiful curling effort for the winner. Dropped to the bench for today's game.

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos, Greek Super League
Played the full game in a 1-0 defeat at AEK Athens.

On as sub: Chem Campbell came on after an hour of the Pompey defeat, Harry Birtwistle played the last half an hour of a 1-0 vs Wealstone that keeps them up for another week.

Unused subs: Hodge

Not in squad: Hesketh, Young (injured), McLeod, Hubner

No game: Guedes, Mosquera (playing tonight)

Last edited:
Mosquera playing well this evening against Atleti. Right back.

Despite the defeat (Atleti win away?!) Mosquera did play well in a rejigged back 4, a system that was probably a mistake with hindsight. He is starting to get notable reviews in the Spanish press. AS describe him as ‘a wonder’ today, but he also got picked out in various channels. Looks good for either a return or a sale.

He enjoyed getting forward down the right last night. My scouting only extends to ‘he hits a nice hard pass (not into the stands either)’.

He's one of the few loanees, that if we didn't own them, id be quite happy if we bought them.

We used to bloody LOVE putting centre halves at right back.

Bellamy
Bennett
Blades
Richards (when he was on loan)
Atkins
Clyde
Edwards
Collins
Stearman
Zubar (we did sign the Pissed Horse as a CH)
Iorfa
Coady

Not something I'm that keen to revisit...

If he's comfortable at RB, that would be very useful for us as back up to Semedo and obviously right side CB.
Not seen any of his games but also not heard any bad reports apart from that one game against PSG?

He's one of the few loanees, that if we didn't own them, id be quite happy if we bought them.

I was thinking that yesterday when running through Sedge's update. It's not exactly chock full of exciting young talent and a clear succession plan

I was thinking that yesterday when running through Sedge's update. It's not exactly chock full of exciting young talent and a clear succession plan
That'll apply to most mid-table PL clubs I'd have thought. The majority of players out on loan are there because they aren't good enough.

Just to pick an example West Ham have these out on loan. Two expensive misfit signings in Kehrer and Benrahma, Downes who might yet make it and the rest are nowhere near.

WHam2.png

To build on DWs point, to be a PL player a player has to be exceptional and trying to ID such players at a young age is very difficult, especially when we're competing with so many other clubs.

Provided we occasionally get a player going into the first team (on merit!) and we make a profit / generate income on the ones that don't I'd say were doing ok.

We seem to be getting some of our youngsters poached which suggests we're doing ok in ID'ing the top talent, and also poaching a bit ourselves.

I think players like Cundle, Campbell, Lonwijk etc will have professional careers, probably around champ / league one so hopefully we'll get a bit of bunce for them.

I do need to occasionally remind myself that real life and FM24 are not the same thing

Despite the defeat (Atleti win away?!) Mosquera did play well in a rejigged back 4, a system that was probably a mistake with hindsight. He is starting to get notable reviews in the Spanish press. AS describe him as ‘a wonder’ today, but he also got picked out in various channels. Looks good for either a return or a sale.

Just watched the highlights and while not directly to blame he definitely could've done better with both goals.

The second is a proper Max Kilman effort. Just kind of happens around him while he stands still.

Just watched the highlights and while not directly to blame he definitely could've done better with both goals.

The second is a proper Max Kilman effort. Just kind of happens around him while he stands still.
Second was a slick move in fairness, with some confusion between the centre backs leaving him a little in no-man’s land. Don’t disagree that he could have gone full Coady at it, but it might have been more for effect than anything else.

Back