• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do need to occasionally remind myself that real life and FM24 are not the same thing

Listen Del, if I don't listen to my missus telling me this then you have no chance. So cut it out as I don't need the distractions as we enter a crucial part of my 26/27 Non league database save...

Last edited:
Just a reminder that Yerson played left of a three with license to drive forward in Cincy. Seems he’s got quality all over the back line. Very encouraging.

Easter Monday/Mid-week update

Hoever played the full game and scored a great equaliser in a 1-1 draw at home to Huddersfield. Also had an effort well saved near the end. Goal around the 5-min mark:

Mosquera played the full game and Guedes 71 minutes of a 2-1 defeat at home to Atletico Madrid.

Daniel Podence scored in a 3-0 play-off win vs Aris but, as always, ridiculously difficult to find Greek highlights online.

Bendeguz Bolla played the full game of a 2-1 home defeat. Was in on goal but was stopped by a last-ditch challenge.

Joe Hodge started at Swansea in a 1-0 win but was subbed at half time.

Chem Campbell played 65 minutes in a goalless draw at Blackpool.

Owen Farmer played 57 minutes of a 1-0 win vs Boston.

Unused subs: Cundle, Moulden

Not in squad: Lonwijk, Hesketh, Young, Birtwistle, McLeod, Hubner

We must have at least £100m worth of players out on loan. Fantastic work from Shi/recruitment team/whoever to waste so much and then leave us with a tiny squad and (apparently) no money to strengthen.

As much as I hate some of these players, I think I’d even take some sort of input from Podence or Guedes in the first team at the moment.

We must have at least £100m worth of players out on loan. Fantastic work from Shi/recruitment team/whoever to waste so much and then leave us with a tiny squad and (apparently) no money to strengthen.

As much as I hate some of these players, I think I’d even take some sort of input from Podence or Guedes in the first team at the moment.
Podence definitely, Guedes would likely be worse than the kids, at least they give a shit. As much as he's not good enough Fabio would be playing most games atm but we sent him and Sasa out.
You do wonder if Gaz mini rant the other day comes down to him being told a striker was coming in before we sent them both out, only to have the plug pulled last moment.

You'd have to way up the onfield benefit with the shitty attitude and the damage that would have on the squad. Podence rejected the opportunity to go on the pre season training tour and Guedes hated it here from Day 1. Even now I think we are best off without them taking the full situation into account.

Guedes has been playing well for Villarreal. He clearly has enough about him to be a decent player for a mid table La Liga side when he wants to be. That's the problem though, he doesn't want to be here.

Podence I actually think O'Neil would really like and get quite a lot out of. There's no way back there either though. If Olympiakos don't sign him someone else will.

Silva starting LW against Celtic

He's embarrassing himself

Just missed their best chance they've made. Looked decent keeper although will update when they show a replay.

Update: think it's harsh from Sutton saying "he must score." - it was a miss control from a team mate that brings it to him and he is alert and hit it well.

Still, you'd not want to pay more than about 2.5million for him based on his showing since being at Rangers, well done Wolves...

Hart did ok but shouldn't have been given a chance. No composure and he just hit it right at him (twice).

He’s not quick enough to play out wide and he’s not strong enough to play through the middle.

Can be prolific against Azerbaijan under 21’s, though.

Spent most of the game rolling around on his back. Wouldn't be surprised if he got hooked at HT.
Tongue in cheek, better odds of Christ Himself appearing on the pitch in Glasgow and telling all the zealots to get fucked than of Fabio ever making us go “huh, he’s improved”.

Back