• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
I fully expect to get pelters for starting this thread but it's reached the point where this needs it's own thread unfortunately. Such a promising manager but this season he's completely lost the plot.

I'm in the Out camp. He doesn't know what he's doing. I just don't rate him as a manager any more.

Time to go. I cannot tolerate tactical fuckwittery like tonight. No excuse for it and for whatever reason he favours the poorest footballers in our squad which is a real black mark against him.

Shame, I like him on a personal level and I'm grateful for what he did. But that was a sackable offence in itself tonight.

I'm going to go with IN, for now. I feel he has his hands tied, though that does not excuse what has been a shocking start to the season. I don't entirely trust the board to replace him adequately mid-season, nor do I think a new manager would have the backing needed to come in and address the issues we currently have.

I'm not really sure who I'd want if he was sacked anyway

I'll see what Saturday brings first. I'll not jump any gun however tonight maybe the start of the chants for his head. You heard tonight the away lads turning for the first time.

Been saying it for a while. The weekend didn't really change my opinion, needed something more long term. But now we've gone back to shit.

Poor signings, poor quality football, poor results. Got to go

Im finding it very weird to be honest.
A great season last season playing a certain way but knowing you need to get a replacement for one player.
Then this season play every formation under the sun with any number of players totally forgetting what made the
previous season so good.
Yeah the Dicko injury was a blow but before that KJ seems to be on self destruct mode to me.
This is all self inflicted.

If Jackett does get the sack in the coming weeks, I fully expect the entire caboodle to go, Thelwell, Moxey being two of the key people to also get the sack. Will Tony Daley be the new Terry Connor though..

Out for me. I can only deduct from his second half decisions that Jackett is currently going through his own 'psychedelic phase' and he too must go and find himself in the Far East.

Out for me. I can only deduct from his second half decisions that Jackett is currently going through his own 'psychedelic phase' and he too must go and find himself in the Far East.

Psychedelic Phase haha.... perhaps hes had a touch of the Roky Erickson's

If Jackett does get the sack in the coming weeks, I fully expect the entire caboodle to go, Thelwell, Moxey being two of the key people to also get the sack. Will Tony Daley be the new Terry Connor though..

Who's sacking Moxey?

Probably not the best time to conduct this poll!

Tonight's the turning point for me too. It smacks of Hoddle playing Carl Cort right-wing a decade ago. He'd lost the plot then and so has KJ, I'm afraid.

Out.

Cut our losses sooner than later, or else we may well end up being relegated.

Like I said in the verdict thread I don't think we can sack him until things are sorted out behind the scenes with a new owner but otherwise I would want him gone. Even the more optimistic fans only have so much patience with this

As much as we say his hands are tied, Sako was irreplaceable, Dicko a big loss, etc none of these are reasons for bringing Matt Doherty on as a final substitution when chasing the game against mighty Bristol City. His tinkering and odd substitutions are the reason why we are going backwards. This squad is capable of more.

I've always been a KJ fan and he did a great job getting us up and over achieving last season but that was then and this is now. Time to get his coat (or should that be Jackett?).

Since May:

- No apparent attempt to directly replace Sako; we're told that the Polish winger we'd been looking at for months actually plays on the right so we abort plans to sign him

- Starting the season with a complete mess of a tactical shape, a formationless formation with Dave Edwards wide left. Predictably a shambles

- Iorfa left out of the team early on for Doherty, akin to Man Utd putting Roy Keane on the bench and starting Darren Ferguson.

- Price not in the team early on, comes in, does well, ditched after one defeat despite all the evidence suggesting results improve with him in the starting XI

- Afobe playing some ridiculous free role for nearly all the games, leading to him constantly picking the ball up on the halfway line and at times ending up in OUR penalty box during open play

- Signing Grant Holt. Grant fucking Holt.

- Tonight's disaster, ending up with us playing a terrible formation we've used once (under Saunders) in any game since 2006, with possibly the worst substitution in Wolves history towards the end

I cannot defend any of that. It's rank bad management and there's no mitigation for any of it.

Even if we manage to stage a bit of a comeback and finish in a respectable position he's completely lost me. I just don't rate him as a manager and that feeling has been brewing for quite a while now.

Nah, I'm not joining in with wanting him gone.

We're ridiculously inconsistent, the season is slipping away and we're miles away from where we need to be and where we thought we'd be and some of his decisions make little sense.

But TBH I'd rather allow KJ the opportunity to regroup and try again. With so much uncertainty off the pitch we need stability - or as much as we can - on it. And I think he's been a good influence on this club - we've a very young squad (too young - one of the problems possibly?) and he's the right sort of manager and character to help those young players.

I don't know who else we'd bring in and even though it's looking increasingly like failure this year, I'd want to give Kenny another chance to get it right.

Keep him.

Back