• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Kilcruit turned over at 1/12 on hurdles debut.
Bit late to the party on this, but I'm still convinced it wants further than 2m.

Ferny Hollow looked pretty impressive on chase debut after a year off the track. Dug in well to score relatively easily and will be much better for the run.

Got a 2 month ban. In no way am I excusing what Elliott did, but how did he get 6 months and Soumillon 2? This was extremely dangerous

A two month ban, but gets to ride in the Arc. The French season is over after this weekend, so it's basically fuck all. Horrendous.

A two month ban, but gets to ride in the Arc. The French season is over after this weekend, so it's basically fuck all. Horrendous.
Yeah, it's a joke. Could you imagine pushing someone off a bike at 35mph, or out of a car at that speed. You'd be facing criminal charges

Anyone know when the GN riders are usually announced?

Declarations for the horses are 48 hours beforehand. That doesn't always mean jockeys are confirmed at that stage, particularly for Mr Mullins and Elliott.

Who are you interested in?

Wow, asif it's that close to the event, cheers.

Eva's Oskar.

Shishkin, who looked well set to win the King George, seemed to lose his footing in the ground after safely clearing a fence and unseated his rider. A terrific finish to the race all the same but you have to feel sorry for the jockey/trainer and all those that had backed him.

Yeah, unlucky for Shishkin. Looked like he clipped his own foot which caused him to slip and unseat.

Most impressive performance yesterday came from Ill Est Francais, unrelenting pace he set (don't think he had one furlong over 15 seconds) and brilliant attacking jumping. A real star performance. A shame he looks to be skipping Cheltenham but looks to be coming back for a crack at the King George next year

In a shock to absolutely nobody, Constitution Hill won't be defending his Champion Hurdle crown. Obviously horse welfare comes first and its the correct decision, but it does open a discussion around how often we see the top horses. CH had only had one run all season, everything is now targeted at Cheltenham and Grade 1s through the year are basically treated as prep races for the festival.

In another blow to ante-post backers, Marine Nationale will also miss the festival and his crack at the Arkle

Just a heads up that I won't be running a tipster competition this year.

If anyone is thinking of starting to do matched betting, there seem to be a fair few better than normal new customer offers around for Cheltenham

Excuse me????
Sorry Trips - I'm slammed with work at the moment and just won't have the time to put it all together.

Happy to share my standard sheet for anybody that wants to run it instead.

Sorry Trips - I'm slammed with work at the moment and just won't have the time to put it all together.

Happy to share my standard sheet for anybody that wants to run it instead.
I'm only kidding mate, it's much appreciated you've ran it up til this point, no need to explain.

About time @darlowolf64 pulled his finger out anyway

Back