• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

And I thought I could be condescending.

Surely you must see that emotions are running high? The little prods aren't exactly making folks feel better.
No, I'm just living in my little teenage bubble of ignorance.

And I thought I could be condescending.

Surely you must see that emotions are running high? The little prods aren't exactly making folks feel better.
They make him feel better though

It’s poor leadership and the problem is they’ve backed themselves into a corner now, as giving him what he wants probably isn’t a message they want to send either. Pure big willy syndrome.

It’s poor leadership and the problem is they’ve backed themselves into a corner now, as giving him what he wants probably isn’t a message they want to send either. Pure big willy syndrome.
Equally if he walks no one actually any good with a decent reputation will want to come either having seen that the club will just lie to you to get you to join. Hence my comment about relegation. We appoint Gary O’Neil or someone of that level, we are in a lot of trouble.

Equally if he walks no one actually any good with a decent reputation will want to come either having seen that the club will just lie to you to get you to join. Hence my comment about relegation. We appoint Gary O’Neil or someone of that level, we are in a lot of trouble.
I dunno, the Premier League has prestige and people are stupid.

There's plenty of managers would give their eye teeth to have the players Wolves have got. (Maybe without the owners, I'll grant you) but we have got some quality players there now.

I also think maybe O'Neil is getting hard done by? I mean he'd surely not have us challenging for Europe (will we under Julen? Doubtful IMO), but given his work last season I think we'd still be safe, by and large.

Bournemouth fucked him off because they wanted a more high profile manager in charge. Fucking Bournemouth

I still don’t think he will go for the reasons YW says and I just don’t think anyone drags this out to a few days before the season and then leaves. He could have left months a go. Would be a real dick move and a strange one.

The goalposts may have moved from when he joined (alledgedly, we don’t know for sure), but they certainly haven’t moved from May. So I still think he is being a bit of a dick, even if both sides are coming out of it badly (how is this being allowed to play out in media for 3 months FFS!)

He still has plenty of talent and an expensively assembled squad. It’s not exactly short of numbers either and even less so If we include Jonny and Podence (who are on a decent wedge each).

I also think maybe O'Neil is getting hard done by? I mean he'd surely not have us challenging for Europe (will we under Julen? Doubtful IMO), but given his work last season I think we'd still be safe, by and large.
He’s rubbish

I still don’t think he will go for the reasons YW says and I just don’t think anyone drags this out to a few days before the season and then leaves. He could have left months a go. Would be a real dick move and a strange one.

The goalposts may have moved from when he joined (alledgedly, we don’t know for sure), but they certainly haven’t moved from May. So I still think he is being a bit of a dick, even if both sides are coming out of it badly (how is this being allowed to play out in media for 3 months FFS!)

He still has plenty of talent and an expensively assembled squad. It’s not exactly short of numbers either and even less so If we include Jonny and Podence (who are on a decent wedge each).
He’s already said in the interview with Ballague that they moved the goalposts again. Hobbs had said originally that we were targeting players in the £8-15m bracket. He’s gone quiet since it became evident we weren’t spending anything. Hence the Jeff letter.

He’s already said in the interview with Ballague that they moved the goalposts again. Hobbs had said originally that we were targeting players in the £8-15m bracket. He’s gone quiet since it became evident we weren’t spending anything. Hence the Jeff letter.
Given the Hobbs stuff, it reads like the sudden "no money" policy must have come from above Shi. Surely he wouldn't have let us publicly give out numbers like that knowing he never intended to back it?

Yes, I accept that many will find that (Shi never intending to back it) perfectly plausible.

Back