• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Vile 0 v 1 Wolves - The Verdict Thread

Thing is today, you would have expected Villa to go for it, especially when we took the lead. So the tactic would have been keep it tight and use Traore, Doc etc to hit them in the spaces they created but they never did. So we didn't have to do anything and pointless us stretching the game and creating opportunities for them.

Villa made it so simple for us to manage that game in the last 15-20 mins. Shameful from a club apparently fighting to stay up.

Thing is today, you would have expected Villa to go for it, especially when we took the lead. So the tactic would have been keep it tight and use Traore, Doc etc to hit them in the spaces they created but they never did. So we didn't have to do anything and pointless us stretching the game and creating opportunities for them.

Bang on. It was like they knew they were going to lose so just didn't bother doing anything so neither did we as it was won.

Bang on. It was like they knew they were going to lose so just didn't bother doing anything so neither did we as it was won.
More a case they are clueless and thought that all they needed to do was keep lumping it forward. That free kick in the 94th min summed them up.

I know Smith is under pressure but his post match comments are delusional at best, "we were the better team first half" really? 'we more than matched a top 6 side" "we missed our chances and the Wolves goal was out of nothing" no wonder your side is shit and you're going down ya nobber

He used the we've only had 48hrs between games so not really had chance to rest properly,WM presenters comeback was that was wolves 52nd game of the season and they looked a lot fitter

Don't think he was lackluster at all. Things not quite coming off for Jota at the moment but even when things don't come off in an attacking sense for him he's dogged and runs his bollocks off for the team

'Lacklustre' as in lacking shine, not lacking effort. Fair enough, though: I could have been less ambiguous.

It's surprising to me that Jota isn't more consistent given that he never fails to put a shift in.

What I find most impressive about the three games we have played against lowly placed teams is that, in previous seasons and before the enforced break even, we would have had trouble breaking down such teams, often giving away the first goal. Now we have moments of briliiance, score, then shut the opposition down with aplomb. It may not make a spectacle but it is the stuff of which champions are made. I'm so impressed with how we control games while staying in second gear. That will change as the stakes get higher but I can't wait to see how far Wolves can go this season. Their altogether team shape and efficiency fills me with considerable hope.

I asked the question before the restart whether playing behind closed doors would suit the teams with better quality technical players and good coaching and I think so far this has proved to be the case

'Lacklustre' as in lacking shine, not lacking effort. Fair enough, though: I could have been less ambiguous.

It's surprising to me that Jota isn't more consistent given that he never fails to put a shift in.

As I said earlier I think its to do with him never taking the easy option, always tries to take on the difficult option and I assume this is what Nuno wants otherwise he wouldn't do it. Having said that, if I have one small criticism of Jota (and Jiminez) is that their decision making could improve

I asked the question before the restart whether playing behind closed doors would suit the teams with better quality technical players and good coaching and I think so far this has proved to be the case

It's a natural leveller.

Think he might have added a little bit of effort there because of the wink.

Double over Villa

To go with double over West Ham
And double over Bournemouth
And double over Norwich.

Safe to say we are putting the chaff away this season

Plus a double over Manchester fucking City was just a joy.

Norwich squeezing an extra half hour out of Man U is no bad thing either.

Let's hope Brighton are at their spoilery best on Tuesday.

I should point out that my FOUR goals was obviously wrong. It was from taking the field against Liverpool 0n 23 January

Wolves 1 Liverpool 2
Manchester United 0 Wolves 0
Wolves 0 Leicester 0
Wolves 3 Norwich 0
Spurs 2 Wolves 3
Wolves 0 Brighton 0
West Ham 0 Wolves 2
Wolves 1 Bournemouth 0
Villa 0 Wolves 1

That's mental

Double over Villa

To go with double over West Ham
And double over Bournemouth
And double over Norwich.

Safe to say we are putting the chaff away this season

Plus a double over Manchester fucking City was just a joy.

Remarkable stuff . Only Liverpool have doubled more I think

I wonder if City might be close. I hadn't thought of that point actually Cyber.

Back