• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton 0 - Wolves 4 (could have been 6+) verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
A good afternoon - boys v men really

A day when we showed what we are capable of without really playing at the maximum of what we can do

A shorn defence, but not troubled in any way - and an attack which is difficult to deal with

That front 3 should be illegal. MOTM Cav

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Delighted. Absolutely delighted.

Makes up for the Bramall Lane result and we hit the break in a superb position.

Can't wait to watch this.

Lovely bit of therapy for the boys, but after years of dropping points in these type of matches, i'd have loved us to keep up the pressure and just rampaged through the Burton team like the Vikings rampaged through England in days of yore. WE needn't have bothered with the raping bit, but a lovely bit of pillaging would have been better than this 'comfortable win'.
However, a good result and lots of confidence going into a much tougher game in a fortnight.

Our attack was ridiculous today. Fast, decisive, lethal. And it really could and should have been more. Helped out by excellent attacking play from both Vinagre and Doherty at wing back. Neves was excellent orchestrating the whole thing, and Costa managed 50 minutes. Created plenty more, had a clear penalty denied (surely that was well inside the area?!) and Batth hit the post at the end too.

REALLY enjoyed that. The last 2 goals in particular are delightful.

Fucking brilliant. Absolutely fucking brilliant, perfect response to Wednesday. Well done lads.

Our attack was ridiculous today. Fast, decisive, lethal. And it really could and should have been more. Helped out by excellent attacking play from both Vinagre and Doherty at wing back. Neves was excellent orchestrating the whole thing, and Costa managed 50 minutes. Created plenty more, had a clear penalty denied (surely that was well inside the area?!) and Batth hit the post at the end too.

That's what I like to hear. Enjoy the ale tonight Langers.

Awesome stuff. Neves was sublime and the wing backs were brilliant combining with the forwards in the final third. Great stuff all around really. 23 points from 11 games is superb. We didn't get to 23 points until the 17th of December.

giphy.gif

On a beer bus trip nice to see us winning easy

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Regardless of what I thought of Leo after the Brizzle match, I really think Jota as the #9 is the way forward. I don't mean this to slight Leo as obviously his stats show him in a very positive light, but I think long term the fluidity Jota offers will serve us better tactically.

Absolutely delighted with this result and especially with the clean sheet. I was unsure how the back three would cope without Coady's leadership and communication; while Burton aren't the best attacking side by any stretch they still have some decent players going forward for this level and I wasn't expecting to keep them out. Great, great result.

Great response to the result midweek.

Getting that early goal was crucial as this had a huge potential of being a banana skin (wolves ending other teams losing runs etc!) .

Costa showed glimpses of his old self which is encouraging. Everyone played well.

It's must be tempered by the fact that Burton Albion were rubbish in key areas. They play nice football but are lacking in the defensive and offensive thirds.

Still, an excellent way to head into the international break!

Delighted with that result. Great way to bounce back from Wednesdays disappointment. Knock in a few goals, clean sheet, Neves sounded back to himself and Costa got valuable minutes.

23 points from 11 games. Better than 2 ppg. Bring on Villa next!

We could have easily had 5 or 6 today but made the subs to protect key players.

Doherty was good today. Helped by not having to do much defending, though he did make one superb tackle on Dyer on 25 mins when he'd got in behind and into the box. Great interception and interplay from him to make it 4-0.

Jota up front was good. Constantly looking to get in behind and it gave us a different threat than just Leo laying it off and coming deep.

Fair play to Cav today too. Some of his tracking back and tackling was ace - looked like he enjoyed getting stuck in!

Goals are up on the sky app. Vinagre's is quality, Cav's turn putting the defender on his arse for the fourth is brilliant

Back