• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) build up 27/8/16

Hope your prediction is right in that case. Go into the international break top of the table - I'd keep putting the teletext on and freezing sky news as the graphics flick round to the championship

Matchday thread? Not sure where to post my disappointment at the team selection

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bench looks strong but I just don't see the point in Edwards starting or Coady at RB. No Tex either, which is weird. In Walter we trust but I am not filled with confidence.

That's the problem with a head coach that doesn't make signings. If they don't perform in training them well......

Bench looks strong but I just don't see the point in Edwards starting or Coady at RB. No Tex either, which is weird. In Walter we trust but I am not filled with confidence.

Tex didn't start last week and the front three were excellent in the second half, not surprised by that at all.

Tex didn't start last week and the front three were excellent in the second half, not surprised by that at all.
If we are working on the assumption that Tex can only play in one of our WF positions then I would agree. Edwards offers nothing and despite Tex fucking around a little too much in the wrong areas against Cambridge I am surprised him playing in midfield is no longer a possibility. This also means we will be overstocked in those WF positions.

If we are working on the assumption that Tex can only play in one of our WF positions then I would agree. Edwards offers nothing and despite Tex fucking around a little too much in the wrong areas against Cambridge I am surprised him playing in midfield is no longer a possibility. This also means we will be overstocked in those WF positions.

Eventually he might play in midfield but for now he hasn't started a single league game there. I'm just saying it's not that odd he isn't playing this one. Edwards playing over Prince is stranger.

WF's.. John, Costa, Mason, Dicko, Graham, Wallace, Tex and eventually Zyro.

Perhaps it's a temporary thing while he adjusts? Even Coady in CM and CBJ coming in would make more sense to me.

I hope to eat my words of course.

Eventually he might play in midfield but for now he hasn't started a single league game there. I'm just saying it's not that odd he isn't playing this one. Edwards playing over Prince is stranger.
Weirdly that's where I disagree Prince has looked a little off the pace so far I expected him to be on the bench today just not for Edwards lol.

There's no reason two of Edwards/Saville/Price can't sit and allow Tex to play up behind the striker.

None of the midfield three play that advanced in this formation. He hasn't moved from that shape at all even though he changes the personnel every game.

If you want him to play off a striker then we'd need to go back to 4-2-3-1 which we don't seem minded to do.

Seems like it could be very interchangeable with 4-3-3 if we wanted it to be. All it needs is one playing moving forward more when we have the ball and back again when we don't.

Back