• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sky Headlines

Nuno Espirito Santo relaxed about Wolves future despite no contract talks planned
Nuno insists he is "not concerned" despite no imminent contract extension talks being scheduled at Molineux

ITS A NOTHING BIT OF CLICKBAIT SHITE.

The whole yellow ticker is a complete fallacy from the press conference.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us ban Sky from press conferences for a while for this.

There's no way on earth we ban sky from press conferences Paddy, never going to happen.

Surprised we've let his contract go as low as we have from a protecting our own interests re compensation perspective as much as anything. The piece on the Sky website is trying to imply he's pissed off, but can't substantiate that with any quotes. I did however his comments re Thelwell and Dalrymple were interesting. I hope he's not feeling a bit isolated

http://www.skysports.com/share/11933334

I don't see that the contract negotiations need to be long or complicated...

Jeff: How much do you want, Nuno?
Nuno: X
Jeff: How long for?
Nuno: Y
Jeff: Agreed

Like I Just replied on twitter. Contracts to managers aren’t that important. You only do it for players to protect transfer fee. If Man Utd want to try and poach him, whether they pay £2m compo or £6m compo isn’t going to change much. It’s losing the guy that’s more of an issue than the compensation you receive. But at the same time if you give a manager too long a deal then it’s expensive to sack them , like pardew at Newcastle.

It will get sorted, only becomes an issue if Nuno himself doesn’t want to sign. In which case the club will have plenty of time to hire a replacement. And no point having a manager who isn’t committed anyway.

When did we stop doing the 1 year rolling? Once Morgan left?

Yes. So we are in a better position now than we would be on any day with one year rolling. Nuno still has nearly 18 months. I’m pretty confident a new contract announcement will come along within a few days of the end of this season.

According to the BBC he only signed a new one last July.

He did. But you would be foolhardy to let it go into the last year.

And let's be honest, we've exceeded most people's expectations from last summer. He should get a bump based just on performance.

For some reason I thought we had an option to extend it another year, not sure where I got that from.

Like I Just replied on twitter. Contracts to managers aren’t that important. You only do it for players to protect transfer fee. If Man Utd want to try and poach him, whether they pay £2m compo or £6m compo isn’t going to change much. It’s losing the guy that’s more of an issue than the compensation you receive. But at the same time if you give a manager too long a deal then it’s expensive to sack them , like pardew at Newcastle.

It will get sorted, only becomes an issue if Nuno himself doesn’t want to sign. In which case the club will have plenty of time to hire a replacement. And no point having a manager who isn’t committed anyway.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20200214-nuno-wolves-are-my-obsession/

No problems with that

So, a Sky reporter spots Nuno has 18 months left and raises the question and then we get breaking news his future is in doubt?! Christ, Sky really are desperate to push news these days.

Even if Wolves did have an offer on the table, Nuno would be better off waiting until the end of the season anyway. Where we get in the Europa and finish in the League could have a huge impact on his new deal.

Sky Sports News has absolutely gone down the toilet in the last couple of years.

It's a proxy for Sky Bet nowadays. Twitter has rendered it pointless.

Last edited:
Back