• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
He was, now Gary is joining him. Phil was assistant manager for a while before the manager got sacked.

They would have been a great coup to get them in though

Given the choice, Gary Neville or Danny Murphy to manage Wolves. Danny Murphy every time, but its all guesswork both have everything to prove.

That's a manager who didn't buy the player has no clue what he's good at and now has no way of getting him in the side. The disconnect between recruitment and manager is huge by the looks of things.

That's why I've been asking the question for some time now, about the role of Thelwell and Jacket in the recruitment process.
As you put it, the disconnect between the type of player we are buying, and their capabilities compared to what we need doesn't seem to stand comparison.
One or both of Thelwell and Jackett are getting it spectacularly wrong, and the feeling I get after weeks of seeing the team selection, is that some of these players were not recruited/wanted by Jackett.

Perhaps we should be having an IN/OUT poll for Thelwell?????

That's why I've been asking the question for some time now, about the role of Thelwell and Jacket in the recruitment process.
As you put it, the disconnect between the type of player we are buying, and their capabilities compared to what we need doesn't seem to stand comparison.
One or both of Thelwell and Jackett are getting it spectacularly wrong, and the feeling I get after weeks of seeing the team selection, is that some of these players were not recruited/wanted by Jackett.

Perhaps we should be having an IN/OUT poll for Thelwell?????

So as per DW's comment in the Stats thread, who bought/brought in Leon Clarke, Sagbo, Graham and the pub landlord from Wigan? Because that is incompetence on an epic scale

No sympathy over Sako. We had 12 months to find a replacement knowing full well he was off if we didn't go up.

Does sound like he's pushing the blame upstairs.

Reads more like making excuses to me.
Dicko you can do little about (replacing him with holt though - come on).
He's still not convinced by Graham either according to the final sentence. Having worked with a young player for almost 2 years, by now he really should have a better idea.

Suggests to me that he's playing some players out of desperation, and has no idea now regarding his best team, squad or formation.
In short, the more I hear from KJ, the more I think he's writing his own death warrant.

He was on trial around Sept/Oct last year for a couple of weeks then we signed him in November at the same time as Wilson.

Reads more like making excuses to me.
Dicko you can do little about (replacing him with holt though - come on).
He's still not convinced by Graham either according to the final sentence. Having worked with a young player for almost 2 years, by now he really should have a better idea.

Suggests to me that he's playing some players out of desperation, and has no idea now regarding his best team, squad or formation.
In short, the more I hear from KJ, the more I think he's writing his own death warrant.

Trying to figure out what replacement for an injured Dicko is better, Sagbo or Holt.

As I've said on other threads, Alfie is Dicko's replacement - in as much as he was brought in to cover Dicko/Afobe, and now one of them is injured he moves up the order. Ken can't find a way to get him in the team without playing Afobe in the Xabi Alonso role. That's Adam Le Fondre who has scored 79 league goals since the start of 2010/11. What a damning indictment of the manager.

Holt is an irrelevance as we don't use the fat bastard (thank God).

Oh dear Kenny...that's simply "it wasn't me guv , it was him"

You pick the side , you choose the playing style, and basically you haven't done it very well. so shut up and fess up.

As I've said on other threads, Alfie is Dicko's replacement - in as much as he was brought in to cover Dicko/Afobe, and now one of them is injured he moves up the order. Ken can't find a way to get him in the team without playing Afobe in the Xabi Alonso role. That's Adam Le Fondre who has scored 79 league goals since the start of 2010/11. What a damning indictment of the manager.

Holt is an irrelevance as we don't use the fat bastard (thank God).

Blackburn failing to bother the play-offs last year with Rhodes & Gestede was a massive failing on Gary Bowyer's part. Like them, we've got 2 fit 20+ goal a season strikers and we're doing even worse. At least Bowyer knew to play both of them at the same time.

Interesting that on the same day Kenny does this interview, the Minutes of the FP come out with Moxey putting all decisons on the "football staff". Not sure the end is nigh, but the battlelines are being drawn

Back