• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Spurs: Verdict Thread

Just got in and gutted we got beat when played do well. Can't be too down though, we just went toe to toe with one of the best forward lines in world football under a rejuvenated top manager,but played em off the park and disappointed not to get the win.
This stuff with Traore is getting on my tits, people whinge about players going down too easily and rolling around but when a player like Adama does the opposite he gets no protection, he's either going to have to start making a meal of challenges which would be a shame or the lad is going to get badly injured

On the scything Adama down, I go back to Mings in the Villa game. You can get a yellow for disputing a throw in, you can get a yellow for hacking someone down flying at full speed. It's not right, and all fans of all teams would say the same

Would Karl Henry got away with the Alderweireld and Kane fouls with just a yellow? Cynical hacks with no intent to play the ball.

I don't understand why it is seen as noble and 'taking one for the team' surely it is just cheating! Much worse then someone who gets a yellow for an accidently mistimed challenge?!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The better team lost, but the better team can only blame themselves for poor decision making in both boxes.

Just like against Sheff Utd, Spurs took it in turns to cream Traore, like a footballing Bukkake. Not sure there's a lot a ref can do, each is a yellow card, but you can't give a red because 3 other players have shafted him first. He is going to get injured soon though, it's just a matter of time.

I didn't celebrate the equaliser, as I expected it to be disallowed for a Raul none deliberate hand ball. Thanks VAR, puts to bed the 'it wont affect fans celebrating goals' argument.

Finally, Harry Kane, I despise you, you lispy lockjawed cunt.

There's cynical and there's downright dangerous, and both the Dier and Kane tackles were borderline red. Dier's was horribly late and Kane's was unnecessarily high. I've no problem with a cynical tug as it's inevitable with the pace of the modern game, but tackling like that time and time again needs to be stopped. I don't often agree with the fella behind me but it's time for a sin bin for tackling like that.

As for the match, we were brilliant, but against a forward line like theirs you have to take your chances, as they're always liable to punish you when you dont.

I have just watched the interview with Jose.
I dont think I have ever seen him so humble and so complimentary about another team.

He said "I dont care what they say how they keep it under wraps. They are fighting for a top 4 place."

He was so complimentary to us.
You've fallen for his mind games. That's just his way of bigging up his own players. Wolves are fantastic, but you beat them. Classic Jose

You've fallen for his mind games. That's just his way of bigging up his own players. Wolves are fantastic, but you beat them. Classic Jose

Especially when his side have been massively outplayed for the majority of the game. He's hardly going to say we're rubbish is he?

Feel sickened that we got nothing out of that. I thought it was one of, if not our best performance in the PL. Not one of them can be faulted and as I said at half time, we thrashed them 0-1 with exquisite attacking play, wave after wave of attacks.

Second half their tactic was clearly to target Adama and break up our play and it worked to an extent as Attwell reverted to type.

Traore's outstanding goal seemed to have rescued a much deserved point but not to be sadly.

I have always liked Harry Kane but what a cynical, whingeing, diving cunt he is.

Moutinho was absolutely magnificent today and my MOTM - never been less than a 7/10 for us (on a bad day), today I'll give him a 10

The better team lost, but the better team can only blame themselves for poor decision making in both boxes.

Just like against Sheff Utd, Spurs took it in turns to cream Traore, like a footballing Bukkake. Not sure there's a lot a ref can do, each is a yellow card, but you can't give a red because 3 other players have shafted him first. He is going to get injured soon though, it's just a matter of time.

I didn't celebrate the equaliser, as I expected it to be disallowed for a Raul none deliberate hand ball. Thanks VAR, puts to bed the 'it wont affect fans celebrating goals' argument.

Finally, Harry Kane, I despise you, you lispy lockjawed cunt.

Same, I also didn’t celebrate the goal as thought it would be ruled out. What a fucking shite state of affairs we have got football into.

Nuno's a Corbynista[emoji2]

We didn't get anything from the game but that's not what moves us.

"It's about what we want to do – and we did it.

On the scything Adama down, I go back to Mings in the Villa game. You can get a yellow for disputing a throw in, you can get a yellow for hacking someone down flying at full speed. It's not right, and all fans of all teams would say the same

That Mings tackle annoyed me so much. It was reckless, it was dangerous. This wasn't a cynical nudge off balance or a tiny clip of an ankle. Think the only reason it wasn't a straight red is because in that scenario, the refs are already thinking of it only in the context of a cynical foul, rather than it being a standalone incident of one player absolutely hammering into another at high speed, with literally no attempt or intention to take the ball. I find it ridiculous.

Now I've got that off my chest... Superb performance. We're a joy to watch. But for a couple of lapses, we could've, should've won. Gutted to have lost it in injury time but it does reaffirm the belief that we are seriously good and deservedly mixing it with the top 6.

Atwell and Kane are a fucking disgrace. Pair of cheating cunts, snickering and laughing to each other behind their hands.
Kane has to do that to stop covering him in phlegm.

I have just watched the interview with Jose.
I dont think I have ever seen him so humble and so complimentary about another team.

He said "I dont care what they say how they keep it under wraps. They are fighting for a top 4 place."

He was so complimentary to us.
and after we all told him to fuck off at the end!!

Livid with that. Livid with the result which was completely undeserved, livid with Spurs’ ‘tactics’ which were just basically assaulting Traore and diving, and livid with that cunt Atwell for yet again being an absolutely monumental fuckhead and favouring his cockney chums. No way we should have been losing that game, we outclassed them for the full 90 but gave them two chances which we shouldn’t have and they took them.

Easily one of the best displays I’ve seen down here, we were that good, and it’s a travesty we lost. Raul looked a bit out of sorts and nothing quite came off for him but everywhere else we were fantastic. These sorts of ‘tackles’ on Traore really need harsher punishment, no intent to play the ball only the man and it’s only a matter of time before he gets seriously injured. Disgraceful stuff.

sucks when losing to such shit goals

but one team gave them up and the other didn't.

Livid with that. Livid with the result which was completely undeserved, livid with Spurs’ ‘tactics’ which were just basically assaulting Traore and diving, and livid with that cunt Atwell for yet again being an absolutely monumental fuckhead and favouring his cockney chums. No way we should have been losing that game, we outclassed them for the full 90 but gave them two chances which we shouldn’t have and they took them.

Easily one of the best displays I’ve seen down here, we were that good, and it’s a travesty we lost. Raul looked a bit out of sorts and nothing quite came off for him but everywhere else we were fantastic. These sorts of ‘tackles’ on Traore really need harsher punishment, no intent to play the ball only the man and it’s only a matter of time before he gets seriously injured. Disgraceful stuff.

[emoji3595][emoji3595]

Spot on.

Until refs give blatant fouls from a player behind the man in possession seriously we’ll be screwed. We really need to start swarming around players who foul Traore and intimidate them. If the ref won’t give them a red let them get a second yellow for dissent. We’re too nice and need to start getting opponents second yellows. We need to be as cynical as twats like Kane.

I don't know what people want. There wasn't a red card foul on Traore, there just wasn't. It's cynical, unfair on him, but there is nothing a ref can do about it. Teams are being smart, there's nothing we or the ref can do.

The Dier tackle on Traore was a fucking red. If Coote deems it worthy of checking the Saiss one but doesn't even look at that then the officials are fucking bent.

Hey ho. We were fucking superb, and somehow they won. Lesson to be learned there for us.

I don't know what people want. There wasn't a red card foul on Traore, there just wasn't. It's cynical, unfair on him, but there is nothing a ref can do about it. Teams are being smart, there's nothing we or the ref can do.

The way we make them pay is by getting really fucking good at set pieces. We're going to get them, we know we will, so let's start making them pay

Back