• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Spurs: Verdict Thread

Jinky

Head Brownie
Reaction score
Football is weird.

I’m gutted. Outclassed Spurs in almost every department; not that they will care having bagged the three points.

I’d rather watch us 100 times out of 100 and lose every week than have to watch Spurs with their talented players like Alli and Kane jumping to the floor at every opportunity.

They couldn’t handle Adama so literally kicked him in the air at every opportunity they had. Cynical gameplan and tactics, but as I say, Jose won’t give a flying fuck. And as he’s a twat, he won’t admit they got lucky today either.

I really feel sorry for Nuno and the boys because I felt they were a class above Spurs today.

Atwell and Kane are a fucking disgrace. Pair of cheating cunts, snickering and laughing to each other behind their hands.

Great performance, you couldn't not enjoy that but does hurt that we've not even taken a point. As I said on match thread, Nuno will be furious about us switching off at the end - starting from Dendoncker giving away a silly free kick to the marking/defending at the set piece.

We didn't quite create enough clear cut chances but I also felt Tottenham defended their box really impressively. We had some good efforts like the Saiss one which nearly puts us two one up.

Keep playing like this and we will win more than we lose. Norwich (hopefully without Pukki) is a chance for us to get back on track.

Diving and dirty sums Spurs up might as well give Kane a whistle as he thinks he’s the ref when not falling over and every time Traore got free he was hacked down. Sadly Spurs go away with 3 points and zero respect.

Disappointing result but hard to be too down after playing that well. Couple sloppy moments cost us, and that's about it, we bottled them up really well for the most part and were relentless at times going forwards. At some point or another we've got to start scoring more consistently, mind. Raul and Jota were both selfish at inopportune moments (Raul was a bit sloppy by his own standards) and scooping in crosses against a team with that many tall CBs was a bit questionable.

If we can get Traore firing consistently (and maybe find a ref who's willing to protect him properly) if the front 3 click at the same time we'll blow someone away. I know we've been saying it for a while but it seems like it is creeping closer.

Moutinho had some outrageous touches, again. He causes grown men to make noises they really shouldn't be making in public :icon_lol: Thought Jonny was very good as well - it's absolute night and day the way he attacks now vs when he arrived, really good progress by him to work on that side of his game.

We're fine, we won't lose too many playing like that and we'll trouble more than most. Still got our best CB to come back and potentially more to come in when Jan rolls around. Exciting times!

First ever time when we have lost and felt like a win. Spurs were awful and if that’s that they have to look forward to then good luck to them

We played really well and probably should have won. The only criticism I have is that we didn't do enough on set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

Adama is going to get us lots of set pieces, we need to take advantage

Only listened to a commentary but we appear to have outplayed last year's Champions League finalists. Not bad...

That was an absolute heartbreaker when that winner went in. Gutted.

Time for sin binsnit yellow cards. What benefit do we get when the Spurs players get a suspension months down the line?Kane had no intention of playing the ball and endangered an opponent. Karl Henry saw red for far less.

I have just watched the interview with Jose.
I dont think I have ever seen him so humble and so complimentary about another team.

He said "I dont care what they say how they keep it under wraps. They are fighting for a top 4 place."

He was so complimentary to us.

Only listened to a commentary but we appear to have outplayed last year's Champions League finalists. Not bad...

We did and they time wasted and long balled from minute one.
Only welcome relief was that the allround, wholesome, kids look up to, England captain,falls over in a slight wind, has ref in his back pocket, Harry Kane didnt score.
Hes a fucking disgrace.

Time for sin binsnit yellow cards. What benefit do we get when the Spurs players get a suspension months down the line?Kane had no intention of playing the ball and endangered an opponent. Karl Henry saw red for far less.

Said this for ages... Cynical tackles need more punishment than a yellow.

Played very well. Should have put the ball out of play in their half when Adama was on the floor holding his shoulder immediately before the goal. Ref was oblivious to what was going on

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

We did and they time wasted and long balled from minute one.
Only welcome relief was that the allround, wholesome, kids look up to, England captain,falls over in a slight wind, has ref in his back pocket, Harry Kane didnt score.
Hes a fucking disgrace.

And Eric Dier too. Constantly trying to referee the game. Absolute scumbag.

Played very well. Should have put the ball out of play in their half when Adama was on the floor holding his shoulder immediately before the goal. Ref was oblivious to what was going on

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

This. I won’t talk about the rest of the game Just yet but it feels like we Just gifted them a win. Gifted them the first goal and the second we were under no pressure but had no options as Adama was on the floor and everyone had stopped. So rather than just booting it out, we invited more pressure. Still had the opportunity to take the easy route back to the keeper And then out but instead gave it away and have to give a FK. We all know what happens from there. They were pants but weve gifted them the points.

Spurs were very good defensively dealing with crosses into the box and dealt with Traore the only way possible, particularly second half, as they rotated their players to scythe him down.

The ball didn't fall favourably for us but we will play worse and win. This was a good performance against a talented team.

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone on the bench who might change a game, those players were all on the pitch.

Left the ground knowing I had watched a very good Wolves team put in a very good performance.

And Traore. No end product. Apparently.

Adama was magnificent today. Something has to be done about the fouls on him. He will end up with a serious injury, looked like he might have done his shoulder. It’s cynical and nasty, refs need to get the red out, wouldn’t expect that from the cunt refereeing today though.

Bang on from Jinky. You have to class that as 'one of them days'. If the league was based on effort and general play, we'd have won 5-0, but it's just tough tits that we didn't.

Let's go unbeaten for our next 11.

Back