• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Hull - the build up

By the same token you cannot be making team selections that are entirely weighted on the previous game rather than what you know full well what a player can and can't do.

#BrendanRodgersmanagement

And I think we have learnt now that we are not in any way as good a team without Dicko. He's our most important player.

By the same token you cannot be making team selections that are entirely weighted on the previous game rather than what you know full well what a player can and can't do.
I'd argue with it being the first game of the season, then it's more acceptable to do that.

I don't think Dave has learned a load of new skills over the summer.

It's more about rewarding form and good performances. If the other players see a more limited player stay in the team by playing well then they are more likely to put in more effort to play well. Dropping him after a good performance may send a negative message to the rest of the squad. If it's some shitehouse like Leon then we all know he's useless so don't care.

I'd much rather play Wallace long term or Ojo propely wide anyway, I've already said that.

It's more about rewarding form and good performances. If the other players see a more limited player stay in the team by playing well then they are more likely to put in more effort to play well. Dropping him after a good performance may send a negative message to the rest of the squad. If it's some $#@!ehouse like Leon then we all know he's useless so don't care.

I'd much rather play Wallace long term or Ojo propely wide anyway, I've already said that.

Pretty much agree with all of this, especially the first bit.

More so than Afobe YW? Because he leads the line?

We don't play with the same intensity when Dicko isn't play. In and out of possession. Our play becomes ponderous, with a lack of forward options and we sit off of the ball too much (though this is something I feel KJ prefers as a defensive style).

I think it was there to see when he wasn't selected/injured the difference he makes. The first half of the season more so for obvious reasons, and now with Afobe and ALF too it's now not a disaster if he misses a game. But even games like Middslebrough away and Charlton at home highlighted why he has to play.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 2m2 minutes ago

No fresh injury worries for Wolves ahead of Hull game. Jed Wallace & George Saville play for U21s at Stoke tomorrow. Batth back in training.

Ken's thoughts.

Interesting little bit on Edwards at the end.

Indeed. Good to hear the manager's thoughts on him.

KJ admitting Edwards runs around like a headless chicken and confuses the opposition. Amazing

Anyone about for a beer this game?

Unchanged team as Blackburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone about for a beer this game?

Unchanged team as Blackburn.

I'm driving down and gonna park in the Western car park...Hoping to be down between 10 and half past if you're about Stu

I should be in town for 11 Mike. What's your plans after and on 29th?

Probably just back to the Western for one before the wife drives us back home tomorrow and I won't be down on the 29th as we fly out to Italy on the 25th for a week

Flash fucker!
Ok mate try my best to see you before game

I think I will drive to the Western as well. Only a swift ale before matters and brownie points secured for an early return.

Back