• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Liverpool 23rd Jan

I will be there my friend, and looking forward to seeing you all pre-match :)

Or I might call you all ****s :)

Yes it is true, my Stunt-Double will be making an appearance on Thursday

****s

If anyone is going to beat them it's us! #cyber

Maybe it will kickstart their descent

Don't expect us to get any points but hopefully we can give them a good game. We're capable of getting something, but Liverpool are so good, expectations are likely to be in vain.

I'd start Bennett, Donk has had too many disappointing performances recently. Otherwise I don't think we have many other options....

Usually I'd say invest in a better quality sandwich, but we're being nice, so:
emoticon-giving-flower-vector-19760417.jpg

obviously think we're always worth a shout but Liverpool make it hard to be optimistic given their form over the last.... year?? :icon_lol:

just hope it's a good game, which normally isn't a problem against 'better' opposition. looking forward to it.

Way more than a year.

They are a machine. Seeing Van Dijk play live for the first time in the home game last season was a revelation. An absolute Rolls Royce. However, if you go on RAWK, the Liverpool fans seem to almost universally reckon that we have given them their toughest test at Anfield all season, and that this will be "a proper game".

My, we have come a long way in a short time.

They hate our fans because of the funny lot still singing Sign On. Think it's died off from most other supporters now.

Anyway, TAA can be got at. Vinagre had him on toast at Anfield. Think we need to be very direct in our play down that side don't let him set and always look to take him on. It could hopefully nullify him being able to get forward if he's looking behind him at Neto/Traore. Martials big chance yesterday came after a one-two in between TAA and Gomez.

I have wondered if this has been Nuno's thinking with Traore starting the last two on the opposite flank.

No expectations but we can go at them with a sufficiently rested squad after not been afforded that in December. Let's have a go and see what we come out with at the end.

I actually agree with their fans on the sign on chant, it's a bit cringe worthy for me, especially in the modern era where virtually all teams have decent out of city followings, particularly the super clubs.

The problem with facing them is they have so many good players, shut the delivery down from the wingbacks and you potentially risk giving their front 3 more space, close the front 3 down and you give the others space etc. As good as he is TAA does seem to get caught under the ball at times and that is the only point I can think of as a 'weakness' - Jota should have scored from that sort of play at Anfield last game of the season, and seen Napoli and a few others have success from that strategy, the issue is none of the teams I have seen get joy from that have won, they look particularly great at the moment.

That sign on chant is an embarrassment, we should be better than that.

Looking forward to the game, don’t think we will win but we can get at them without needing to worry about conserving energy.

The sign on chant is pathetic. The only reason some Wolves fans still sing it though is because of the pathetic reaction of some Liverpool fans every time we do it. Guaranteed to get a rise.

Far from the worst chant I've heard stood up the back of the South Bank for the last few seasons.

Way more than a year.

They are a machine. Seeing Van Dijk play live for the first time in the home game last season was a revelation. An absolute Rolls Royce. However, if you go on RAWK, the Liverpool fans seem to almost universally reckon that we have given them their toughest test at Anfield all season, and that this will be "a proper game".

The bookies have us at around 4/1 to win. Against the world champions...

Way more than a year.

I had a look and I'd say it wasn't quite that clear cut. Usual mix of some clued up, some clueless/deranged (which is not exclusive to them...most clubs have their fair share of both). Apparently we haven't created any chances in the 3 games so far, according to some (just ignore Neto's disallowed goal for a toenail, Doc hitting the bar and Jota having at least 1 clear chance last season, eh lads)? And because they steamrolled Leicester they are of course going to do the same to us, 5-0 :confused-smiley-013

We've not played well enough to beat them yet, I think is probably fair. We know we're capable of some really good stuff though, so if we turn up, who knows.

Every one sings sign on

Well perhaps we should rise above and not look utterly tinpot and pathetic, especially when looking at the comparative percentage of unemployment between Wolverhampton and Liverpool.

Well perhaps we should rise above and not look utterly tinpot and pathetic, especially when looking at the comparative percentage of unemployment between Wolverhampton and Liverpool.

I did not say it's right.

Back