• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Besiktas Away Europa League

We're not supposed to share streaming sites on here but if you look hard enough you'll find somewhere showing it.

Will need to find somewhere in Woking to see this as going up this afternoon ahead of my youngest son's wedding tomorrow.

Should hopefully be able to find it.

Will need to find somewhere in Woking to see this as going up this afternoon ahead of my youngest son's wedding tomorrow.

Should hopefully be able to find it.

Doesn't it say where it is on the invite?

Anywhere outside Wolves areas with only one screen will be showing United, surely. Unless you ask them to change it and they say yes.

Anywhere outside Wolves areas with only one screen will be showing United, surely. Unless you ask them to change it and they say yes.

You're not reckoning with Woking's huge Turkish population...

OK, there isn't one, but they have more than one screen in there IIRC. Also O'Neill's has multiple screens though I imagine that will be Man U central.

Doesn't it say where it is on the invite?

I've failed as a parent as neither son has any interest in football :icon_biggrin:

I used to do my footy watching in The Sovereigns when I worked in Woking. Nice enough place (by Woking's standards) and are showing it - https://www.emberinns.co.uk/nationalsearch/southeast/the-sovereigns-woking/sport

Cheers SLA - know that well as lived in Woking between 1963 & 1991 & am back there often now. Also very close to where I am in the Travelodge

Not maybe the right place, but just watched the prematch video on the ex and blah, Swarbrick 27, Edwards 0, this girl is good and i think will get better.

What she said was fine, the way she bobs around like she's having a fit needs work. Unfortunately it's only because Joey is on his stag.

Is this on the radio does anyone know? I'm probably going to be in the car.

I’m hoping either five live or talkshite will have it but isn’t the United game 17.55 as well?

I think I'd rather go for a pint with Jacob Rees-Mogg than listen to radio commentary in 2019.

If I am in the car (which I will be around kickoff) I’m a bit stuck for alternatives!

Me too. Currently stuck in a conference near the NEC until 5 :(

Be nice to get home in an hour, but given past experience unlikely!

I'd rather not know and catch up whenever I got back!

It used to annoy me 25 years ago. Every attack against us sounds like a certain goal. We never sound like we're creating anything. You never get any sense of the play. They only ever employ idiots to do it since Jimmy Armfield stopped, be that local, national or stuff directly from the club. And this was when it really was the only option, no Soccer Saturday or similar score service on the TV (Grandstand only ever cut to the videprinter near the end), streams were something that 1990s sitcom characters would hilariously fall into, it was this or nothing and that's all you ever knew.

WH used to transcribe the rubbish they were putting out. Everyone else would come home afterwards and go "er no, that isn't what happened". It's of no value.

Cricket on the radio - fine. Because they've worked out how to do it semi-properly, if you keep the absolute berks away from the mic. Live football is covered the exact same way it was in the 1960s and it's rubbish. Do you want to hear Alan Green going on about how terrible the game is? No, me neither.

So personally I'd write it off, if I hadn't managed to sort everything out so I could watch, I'd leave it. It hasn't happened for nearly two years now (think it was Ipswich away when Doc scored but the PA feed said it was Cav...top work) but if sat at home and somehow not able to watch an away game, I'd follow the game on Twitter. Much better. Radio is fine for just going around the grounds and getting updates, reading out scores/scorers etc (like a non-visual SSN) but live commentary stinks.

Each to their own though :)

I won't get to follow it at all - it's Mini Langers' potential secondary school open evening so that will always take priority. I'll just have to catch up with it later.

Such a shame - I won't get to follow the matchday thread.....

Such a shame - I won't get to follow the matchday thread.....

"Slow start"

"I am worried"

"FFS" (every misplaced pass)

"MGW needs to go out on loan"

"This is unacceptable"

"I told you we should have bought more players"

"At what point do we sack Nuno"

There you go, edited highlights in advance. Doesn't matter what the score is.

Back