• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton & Hove Albion (H) build up 19/9

If only we had a #10 that was good on the ball, could beat a man and offered a creative spark...

Intended to make this my second visit of the season, but financial issue of late have knocked that on the head.

After the last few games less upset than I expected to be, but saddened to miss the company on the day.

Would be happy with the team posted by Deutsch with a slight concern over the creativity of a Coady/Price midfield

(BTW ALF is exactly a loan frontman, though possibly not a lone frontman :whistle:)

I can't seem to shake the fear that we are looking at being on the wrong end of a slapping here.

Brighton are on a roll at the moment, but all good things come to an end. Playing the form side in the division will mean we will raise our game to the standard we expect. I can only see a Wolves victory.

Brighton are on a roll at the moment, but all good things come to an end. Playing the form side in the division will mean we will raise our game to the standard we expect. I can only see a Wolves victory.

Thanks Frank! Thats 0-3 to Brighton then lol!

I see Ken said last night that Batth is pencilled in to play 90 minutes for the U21s vs Swansea on Monday, so he won't make this one. EEL and Hause it is then, just by default.

I see Ken said last night that Batth is pencilled in to play 90 minutes for the U21s vs Swansea on Monday, so he won't make this one. EEL and Hause it is then, just by default.

Without Danny I'd go: Doherty - Iorfa - EEL - Hause.

I don't think there are any circumstances when I'd ever name Doherty in my chosen XI. Unless it was an XI I could drive into the sea.

I don't think there are any circumstances when I'd ever name Doherty in my chosen XI. Unless it was an XI I could drive into the sea.

I'd rather have Doherty at left back than Golbourne. I stand by what I said on Saturday, we might as well have played van La Parra at left back vs Bolton. What use is a defender that's afraid of contact?

I have a feeling Doherty will play until Batth gets back. Not that I agree...

Iorfa is a right back and not a centre half according to Kenny yesterday (2 weeks after saying he was one of the options there when selling Stearman)

I think KJ made it fairly clear last night that a fully fit Iorfa is his first choice right back. Once he gets over his niggle (ankle I think he said?) he'll be back in the team.

Iorfa is a right back and not a centre half according to Kenny yesterday (2 weeks after saying he was one of the options there when selling Stearman)

He also reiterated the point that Iorfa could play CB when asked about Stears last night. If Deslandes is ready to play for the first team then I'd have him in and Hause central but as he hasn't even made the bench yet I'll go with Doherty.

Martinez

Iorfa EEL Hause

Bryne Coady Price Ojo
Edwards
Afobe ALF

3-4-1-2 and lets play we will score more than you. That gets Doherty and Goldbourne mistakes out of the picture and really puts the emphasis on attack playing Dangerous Dave in the hold and given ALF a strike partner. Get Byrne and OJo to motor for an hour then bring on Rowe for OJO and Wallace for Edwards and revert to 4-4-2 and hold on to the 3-0 lead our outstanding attacking tactics have surely given us.

Why? We cant defend well for mtoffee, we look awful sitting back, we are better when we use pace and they wont expect that set up as a surprise. Whats to lose?

You can't play Byrne and Ojo as wing-backs, we'd get murdered.

I'll let Deutsch extol the merits of 3-5-2 anyway....

You can't play Byrne and Ojo as wing-backs, we'd get murdered.

I'll let Deutsch extol the merits of 3-5-2 anyway....

Boo boring! I was more concerened that the three at the back may lack pace but you would have coady and price in front. The trouble is that the system is not tried or tested and that is why we would get thumped with it now IMO not the fact that Byrne or OJO are not capable of motoring up and down and doing a bit of defending.

How would a back 3 of Iorfa, EEl & Hause lack pace???

3-4-1-2 and lets play we will score more than you. That gets Doherty and Goldbourne mistakes out of the picture and really puts the emphasis on attack playing Dangerous Dave in the hold and given ALF a strike partner. Get Byrne and OJo to motor for an hour then bring on Rowe for OJO and Wallace for Edwards and revert to 4-4-2 and hold on to the 3-0 lead our outstanding attacking tactics have surely given us.

Why? We cant defend well for mtoffee, we look awful sitting back, we are better when we use pace and they wont expect that set up as a surprise. Whats to lose?

Now I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but that's a bit extreme. Locking him on board a ship just to stop him being selected :)

Back