• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton & Hove Albion (H) build up 19/9

Brighton are on a roll at the moment, but all good things come to an end. Playing the form side in the division will mean we will raise our game to the standard we expect. I can only see a Wolves victory.
Love your logic hope you are proven right. I think we will get beaten easily but we have this mad habit of dramatic form swings. Hope iorfa gets a run out.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Iorfa is a right back and not a centre half according to Kenny yesterday (2 weeks after saying he was one of the options there when selling Stearman)
Kenny is saying anything to fit the story. In Moxeys piece in the E&S he states Stearman was sold because he was about to lose his place as better players come through he said that's KJs call. That's why he had played every game this year and been given the armband.

Kenny is saying anything to fit the story. In Moxeys piece in the E&S he states Stearman was sold because he was about to lose his place as better players come through he said that's KJs call. That's why he had played every game this year and been given the armband.

Remind me who was club captain last season?

If you are playing 2 up top one will naturally and always come deeper meaning there isn't a role for a 3rd midfielder to sit behind them like an auxiliary 3rd forward, unless you can give me an example of this ever working?

Kaka had a pretty good time at Milan playing at the tip of the diamond behind two fowards, Juventus have used a similar approach for the last few years too.

Having two forwards doesn't necessarily mean that there's no space for an advanced midfield, it all depends how they play.

Remind me who was club captain last season?
Wasn't it Ricketts
Armband given to Batth then Danny was out for Wigan and Millwall go on educate me I forgot.
Wasn't really my point though as you know.
Do you believe KJ wanted to get rid of Stears or was he encouraged to so they could get accept good money for him?

4-4-2 please.

Martinez

Iorfa---EEL---Hause--Golbourne

Byrne---Macca---Coady---Henry

ALF---Afobe

451/ 4411 for me
Martinez (I prefer Ikeme, but we have to pick a keeper and stick to it for at least half a dozen games and apparently he did well last week)

Iorfa
EEL
Hause
Golbourne

Byrne
McDonald (Price if KJ doesn't think he can be arsed)
Coady
Ojo

Wallace

Afobe

Paddy with respect there's nothing to "get over".

Are all former players banned from being discussed?

Wasn't it Ricketts
Armband given to Batth then Danny was out for Wigan and Millwall go on educate me I forgot.
Wasn't really my point though as you know.
Do you believe KJ wanted to get rid of Stears or was he encouraged to so they could get accept good money for him?

I don't believe Jackett was 'encouraged' to do anything about his squad. I believe he gets the final decision on who is sold and who is brought in. Whether or not we have to agree with him is another matter entirely - although it seems it's acceptable to agree with Jackett but not with Moxey....

I cannot believe Jackett is a soft touch, as is often implied.

And as I've said numerous times, the money we got for Stearman was more than decent. If the tables were turned, most of those lambasting the decision to sell him would balk at that sort of fee for a player of similar quality being brought in. I understand why we sold Stearman, even if I'm not 100% in agreement with it. The backlash to it - as with many things - has been way OTT.

I don't believe Jackett was 'encouraged' to do anything about his squad. I believe he gets the final decision on who is sold and who is brought in. Whether or not we have to agree with him is another matter entirely - although it seems it's acceptable to agree with Jackett but not with Moxey....

And as I've said numerous times, the money we got for Stearman was more than decent. If the tables were turned, most of those lambasting the decision to sell him would balk at that sort of fee for a player of similar quality being brought in. I understand why we sold Stearman, even if I'm not 100% in agreement with it. The backlash to it - as with many things - has been way OTT.

Absolutely correct Langers.

If you are playing 2 up top one will naturally and always come deeper meaning there isn't a role for a 3rd midfielder to sit behind them like an auxiliary 3rd forward, unless you can give me an example of this ever working?

Theres no set format, I suppose much depends on what the coach is asking of players in different areas of the field, both as individuals and collectively.
Some teams play with a front three without all the three occupying the same line.

Paddy with respect there's nothing to "get over".

Are all former players banned from being discussed?

Of course not. My point was that Stearman is now an ex-member of the squad, so comparing his abilities to those of, for instance, Danny Batth, just seems a futile exercise.

Hope your right about last word for KJ as he's the one who will get the sack if it all goes badly wrong.

i want to see Ojo and Byrne both play, with Wallace as no.10 behind Afobe

Back