• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Championship 15/16

High horse? Not at all. Just don't see how Alan can have a balanced view without being there for all of it.

Hence why I deleted it.

I strongly disagree with him and shall leave it there.

By the way, if I had such unbalanced views on a player from before my affiliation, I'd fully expect to be pulled up on it

"Get himself educated". Stu that doesn't put you in a good light at all, much as I totally agree with you about the Karl Henry era needing to be viewed in full. For the record, I wouldn't boo if I was going because he did some great things as well as not so great. But your comment is hugely arrogant, at least for me to read as a neutral in the argument.

"Get himself educated". Stu that doesn't put you in a good light at all, much as I totally agree with you about the Karl Henry era needing to be viewed in full. For the record, I wouldn't boo if I was going because he did some great things as well as not so great. But your comment is hugely arrogant, at least for me to read as a neutral in the argument.

Not meant as arrogant, far from it. Indeed Alan only knows him from 2011 onwards, which isn't balanced.

As I said, I wouldn't have an opinion pre 2007 without being 100% aware of everything.

I know it wasn't MEANT as arrogant. I like to think I know you pretty well and arrogant isn't a word I would associate with you personally ever. However, can you see that looking at the post in isolation it is putting Alan down because he hasn't been around as long?

I know it wasn't MEANT as arrogant. I like to think I know you pretty well and arrogant isn't a word I would associate with you personally ever. However, can you see that looking at the post in isolation it is putting Alan down because he hasn't been around as long?

I'm actually kind of sympathising with him, indeed Alan in case you weren't aware I'm reasonably new to the cause too

Just seemed such an extreme opinion!

And thanks [emoji106]

I think he would have taken us down and when gone any competent manager would have kept us up.

I blame Solbakken for squandering stupid amounts of money and wasting years of our parachute payments legacy. I blame Saunders and by extension Morgan for us getting relegated to L1.

There's a lot of blame to be laid for that time, there's very few innocent parties. I liked solbakken but his player management was poor, and he took way too long to get things going, without any kind of plan B. Morgan told solbakken he had time and then went back on his word. Henry and the other arrogant lazy bastards fucked the manager and the club over, and Saunders was just horribly out of his depth.

Like I say, there's a lot of blame to go around, and very few people came out of it with any credit.

Brentford have accepted a £9m bid from Bristol City for striker Andre Gray, BBC Sport understands.

The 24-year-old striker, who had been a target for Hull, is currently discussing personal terms with the Bees' Championship rivals.

Brentford have accepted a £9m bid from Bristol City for striker Andre Gray, BBC Sport understands.

The 24-year-old striker, who had been a target for Hull, is currently discussing personal terms with the Bees' Championship rivals.

Benik Afobe must be worth triple what Gray is worth, Steve Cotterill really is a clueless muppet.

A daft amount of money. Cotterill will no doubt liken the fee to Luke Freeman's 'challenge' at the weekend. i.e. "not that high".

Pillock.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Would suggest that Gayle has turned Bristol City down.

Cannot understand Bristol City's current plan of action at all. Suspect it'll end in tears.
Suspect that Brentford could start to struggle this season if they're not careful.

Scandalous for a one season wonder at this level. In fact he's hardly even that having not even broke 20 league goals last year.

Was only just over 2 yrs ago that I was watching him play v Woking.

Whilst he was clearly a cut above that level - £9m now is a ludicrous price. Not sure why he thinks that BC are a better bet than Brentford, though presume he has been offered suitable personal incentives & Brentford must be laughing at what they have got.

Only problem for them is limited amount of time to spend it & everyone knows how much they have got so prices in to them will inflate as well.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Would suggest that Gayle has turned Bristol City down.

Cannot understand Bristol City's current plan of action at all. Suspect it'll end in tears.
Suspect that Brentford could start to struggle this season if they're not careful.
Both outcomes would be immensely enjoyable.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 4m4 minutes ago

David Edwards is far more of a proven Championship player than Gray. Scored more goals too. Makes him worth about £13m in this market...

What a bizarre comparison of two players of different ages and positions.

Back