• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Saiss

Spartacus

Reaction score
Good luck fella!!!

Have a tenner on a goal and a yellow card... long shot I know, but makes it more entertaining....

Just hope he had a good campaign...

Can’t believe our new sponsor has forced you to place a bet.

Morocco lose to Iran in the 95th minute.

Bit of a shock but Saiss played well as one of the CBs

Felt sorry for Saïss.

He played well but had absolutely no support from his full back when Iran countered.

Gutted for our guy - he'd played really well. A draw would probably have been a fair result, as in the earlier match with Egypt and Uruguay.

Saiss was imperious in Morocco’s draw against Spain tonight. Got name checked by the commentators three or four times with no small amount of praise.

He was playing at centre half and made several great tackles, good passing, as well as a headed goal line clearance.

Looking like he’ll more than hold his own in the premier league next season.

Except he won't play as a centre half in a back 4. If we were to upgrade him in midfield I wouldn't be adverse to trying him in Boly's place and shifting Willy to the right.

We'd be more likely to put him on the right and leave Willy where he is. Nuno likes that inverted thing in the middle of the park. He always uses Saiss as the right sided CM.

I think he'll be fine for us next season but not as first choice, and I don't see us using him at the back with any kind of regularity.

We'd be more likely to put him on the right and leave Willy where he is. Nuno likes that inverted thing in the middle of the park. He always uses Saiss as the right sided CM.

I think he'll be fine for us next season but not as first choice, and I don't see us using him at the back with any kind of regularity.

He will be a useful backup option if needed though - seems to know what he is supposed to be doing there

I do wonder why Saiss plays there for Morocco - I have been impressed the few times I’ve watched them! Did he play there at all in his time pre-Wolves, or did the Morocco manager just see him a few years ago where he had a bit more timber and think “you look more like a centre-half to me”.

I wouldn't know, I'm not going to pretend to have watched loads of Le Havre and Angers games before he joined us. I think with Morocco he just formed a solid partnership at the back with Benatia and they stuck with it. Then changed the defence in every single game in the actual World Cup. Good work.

I do know that he turned up at Compton yesterday less than 48 hours after playing vs Spain :D

Don't know anything about Le Harve, but I've watched Herve Renard a lot (from his time at Zambia), he's a very good international coach but has no time for players with strong opinions. If i were to guess i would imagine there was a big argument and Saiss got dropped mid way through as a consequence. They had looked very solid at the back before the then.

Noticed this, that is quality
Nah just doing that annoying thing of turning up at work on his day off. All cool in his jeans whilst his work mates are in uniform...

Back