• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Shocking news, such a shame. He was definitely a jockey going places.

Decent meeting at Newmarket today, any tips from anybody? I'm still wary because of the ground.

It's a tricky one. Torn between Red Cadeaux and Harris Tweed in the Goldsmiths, two horses I generally follow. I stuck an each way on Joshus Tree in the betting thread, but it's down to 7 runners now, so that's less likely.

Well Harris Tweed will definitely love the ground, he's already won multiple times on soft ground and it's certainly that at Newmarket.

I don't think he loved it that time round.

Awful ride from Liam Jones, yes Harris Tweed loves the ground but he didn't seem to take stamina into account. He went reasonably quick from the outset and then kicked on from 4 and a half furlongs out which meant no matter whether he likes the ground or not he had no chance of staying.

Well we've got soft, heavy in places at Newmarket today. 16 non-runners already.

Rain is ruining the racing, only York has anything like decent ground today and if i have a bet it will probably be there.

Deary me, the bottom three in the market get home miles ahead of everything else. Definitely a watching day.

I think i will definitely be sticking to to York after that, one bet and one winner.

Nando. do you think Tullius is going to make the grade at Group 2 level tomorrow?

Big step up in class, but he's got great form on the ground. I don't think he'll win it, but he looks like a really determined type and has found plenty when asked in his last three starts.

Finally some good ground emerging!

Loving the return of firm in the going! Nice 14/1 Hannon winner at Epsom.

I've had 3 winners and a place from Epsom so far.

Another second but not backed E/W that time. Still, 7x up on what I started with today!

Decent night for you that Nando, just as the ground is quickening up i am poor for a few days so cue rain when i've got funds.

Just been given a tip for the 8:45 at Newmarket - Engrossing. Ever heard of it?

Back