• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Hannon's flying right now, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Like Nando says the stable are flying, more with the 2 year olds but still are generally red hot at the minute. Weak race and he's run into a few decent horses who have won since in his last 3 runs so is definitely interesting.

I had a lucky 15 tonight for some interest and had three 2nds and a 4th, bloody typical.

Only 7/2 but I've had a little flutter.

Seems you weren't the only one who got the tip as he went off at 5/2 but never really had any chance from the start. Slow out of the stalls and then stuck at the back of the field in a slow run race, i'll watch out for that though as he did run on well and in another weak race run at a decent pace might get his head infront.

Frankel beats the eclipse second Farhh on the bridle, he's an absolute machine.

Just won £240 on Dandana in the 16:50 at York, Kieron Fallon riding. £30 win at 7/1.

Not for me though unfortunately. A lad at work rang and asked me to put it on for him. He's letting me have the £40 though as he wouldn't have been able to get the bet on otherwise. Nice little bonus for doing nowt.

I see Frankel romped home again earlier. He's a machine that horse.

Unbelievable horse... I wasn't sure about the step up in distance but he just romped away with it. Frankel could probably step up to a mile and a half too. A win in a Group 1 at that distance will make him the greatest horse ever in my humble opinion if he isn't already!

Unbelievable horse... I wasn't sure about the step up in distance but he just romped away with it. Frankel could probably step up to a mile and a half too. A win in a Group 1 at that distance will make him the greatest horse ever in my humble opinion if he isn't already!

Even if he wins over 1m 4f i'm not sure you could call him the best horse ever, i know people want to do that but you can't really compare horses across so varied generations. He wins by a long way without doubt but not all horses have had to or wanted to put that much distance between them and their rivals, for example Mick Kinane always said Sea The Stars would never do more than he had to and he won 6 races in 6 months from 1m to 1m 4f concluding in the arc. It's so hard to compare horses because people tend to look at the distances Frankel is winning by which is more than any other horse ever has but he still hasn't done a standout time, even yesterday he over over 1.5 seconds outside of the track record Sea The Stars set 3 years ago.

There is no doubt he is one of the best horses ever and most alive will see him as the best ever but i would never like to say he is the best ever when you see what others achieved like Brigadier Gerard and Dancing Brave in completely different eras.

Sad to see Newfangled has been put down. She looked like a cracking prospect.

Having a little e/w Lucky 15 today at York with some Promo cash I had in my account:

14:00 Gordon Lord Byron
14:30 Flashman
15:05 Cavalryman
15:40 Motivado

Good luck!

I've not had a bet for ages now.

Beverley races tomorrow accompanied by the Beverley Beer Festival! Happy happy days.

No Triple Crown for Camelot.

Can't believe that, put Encke in the selections game on attheraces but didn't have a penny on. Joseph will get plenty of stick for his ride on Camelot but i think the best horse on the day won.

Not had a dabble on the horses for a long time now, but I've trebled my money today so far!

Goodbye Frankel!

Awesome.

Of course and he's now been retired.

Yeah I knew it was the last race.

Don't think I ever put a bet on Frankel though - would have been safe money!

Fantastic horse that came about at the right time but i can't help but get annoyed at the claim that he's the greatest ever, it should just be that he's one of the greatest and that's that.

Back