• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Media reports that Dettori's failed test was for cocaine and he'll be banned for six months. Hearing in two weeks.

Captain Chris returns to form and wins nicely. Awful conditions though.

Oscar Whisky wins very very comfortably.

Rooting for Silvinianco Conti now.

Yes please! Superb round of jumping until getting in a bit tight at the last. Very impressive.

Good day of racing ahead today. Sprinter Sacre v Sanctuaire in the Tingle Creek being the highlight.

Oh my goodness gracious me, what a horse.

Bloody hell, what a race at Leopardstown! That's blown the Gold Cup market wide open.

Tidal Bay what a horse, he's a right monkey but Nicholls and Ruby seem to have found the key to him. Still feel Bobs Worth will take some beating in the Gold Cup.

I'm still slightly favouring Sir Des Champs, he didn't jump at all well today but was thereabouts at the end. Bobs Worth's form has certainly been franked today though!

The Gold Cup is an absolutely mouthwatering prospect right now.

He came out of no-where to get up, thought Flemenstar was going to pull away at the final bend, Gold Cup is wide open this year.

Flemenstar sounds like he'll be opposing Sprinter Sacre in the Champions Chase!

Brilliant photo from the Lexus:

224844_454022311326102_807895425_n.jpg

Great to see Imperial Commander back and performing admirably. Some improvement from Cape Tribulation over the past year too.

A couple of fantastic races. Unfortunately I was on Twiston-Davies in both of them

Another cracker. Those two justifying favouritism for the World Hurdle.

Off work today. Spent an horrendous afternoon watching 3 horses suffer life ending injuries in front of my eyes.

Awful, awful day. Darlan is such a tragic loss, he was starting to look like something special. I've got no intention of watching a repeat of the race, it sounds horrific. R.I.P to the other two brave horses too.

Any early fancies for Cheltenham?

World Hurdle will be interesting this year without Big Buck's. I like Overturn - he looks an absolute natural, though not sure Cheltenham will be ideal. Can't for the life of me understand why they insist on running Quevega in the Mares' every year. They could probably run her in the Stayers' as well - I remember how well Mysilv ran years ago, in defeat behind Cyborgo, after she'd run in the Champion Hurdle earlier in the week. So close to pulling it off, I was gutted. Sad there will be no Brindisi Breeze, I thought he was going to go on and be a superstar.

Struggling to find and value at the moment. I fancy Dodging Bullets at 14/1 for the Supreme, but Jezki looks like a hard one to beat.

I want to find something for the RSA as I can't have Dynaste at that price considering the abysmal record of Feltham winners in the race. Boston Bob would look the most likely challenger but he's only had one run and Brindisi Breeze smashed him in the Albert Bartlett last year.

Back