• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Yep. Jockey took it four wide for no good reason. Done in the last stride. Cost my mate £1100.

Fair play to the owners sticking with Townsend after he ran out on the same horse at Pubchestown last year, had rewards today.

Last edited:
What a day of racing that was - majestic stuff.

If anyone fancies a flutter elsewhere tomorrow, my mate likes Spenny's Lass in the 5.20 at Chelmsford at 50s.

Cheers Nando, I stuck a fiver each way on it. Not been able to look properly at Cheltenham this week so didn't put any money on there however I saw this last night and thought I'd have a dabble.

Christopher Wood a lovely price in the 2.20 Aintree today. Happy to take on anything that's run at Cheltenham at this meeting. Those horses with festival form make the market for those who've been kept back year after year.

Thanks again Nando.

I owe you a beer or two after your last two posts on this thread!

I will back a horse that falls at the 1st fence and another that forgets where it's meant to go.

The wife will pick a horse based on its name and will win some money.

Whatever I back never survives the race so in the interests of equine welfare I am picking NOTHING.

Any tips for tomorrow would be appreciated. I’ve looked 20 times at tomorrow’s racing and haven’t got a clue.

If I win tomorrow it will be luck rather than judgement.

Thanks again Nando.

I owe you a beer or two after your last two posts on this thread!
He ran nicely enough to pick up some decent place money. Mistake 3 out when it was just getting competitive stopped him challenging but I'd be hard pressed to say he'd have beaten those ahead of him without it.

Agree with Penk on Tiger Roll. Ran beautifully at Cheltenham, won so easily with a lot in hand, going to have to be a special performance to beat him on Saturday

Any tips for tomorrow would be appreciated. I’ve looked 20 times at tomorrow’s racing and haven’t got a clue.

If I win tomorrow it will be luck rather than judgement.
I'll have a tiny dabble on The Captains Inn in the 3m novice hurdle at 50s. I hope to see Emitom win that though huge talent and crying out for the distance. Proper horse.

I'd be all against Champ, struggling to see why he's being stepped up to this distance.

I'd happily back Brio Conti up only 2lb on a flatter track. He absolutely cantered through the Coral Cup but perhaps didn't quite see it out.

Nicholls loves McFabulous in the bumper.

If you fancy Tiger Roll, the prices will drift out in the morning to entice the once a year punters. I'd want 7/2 to complete trouble free, but if he does get a clear run he's going to be exceptionally difficult to beat.

I'll chance Up for Review and the absolute dog that is Singlefarmpayment.

I'll have a tiny dabble on The Captains Inn in the 3m novice hurdle at 50s. I hope to see Emitom win that though huge talent and crying out for the distance. Proper horse.

I'd be all against Champ, struggling to see why he's being stepped up to this distance.

I'd happily back Brio Conti up only 2lb on a flatter track. He absolutely cantered through the Coral Cup but perhaps didn't quite see it out.

Nicholls loves McFabulous in the bumper.

Cheers mate.

No horse has successfully defended the National since Red Rum in 73/74. That's not a trend you can ignore. I'll be looking past the favourite.

My mate told me to back Topofthegame whenever it runs.

Think the last time I won anything much on the main race was when a guy got back on his horse after falling off and ended up coming 3rd. 10 points if you know the horse

No horse has successfully defended the National since Red Rum in 73/74. That's not a trend you can ignore. I'll be looking past the favourite.

My mate told me to back Topofthegame whenever it runs.
Topofthegame is a right sort, but I wouldn't be rushing to back him at odds on after a battle royale at Cheltenham. He's a Gold Cup horse though for sure.

Back