• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

No horse has successfully defended the National since Red Rum in 73/74. That's not a trend you can ignore. I'll be looking past the favourite.

My mate told me to back Topofthegame whenever it runs.

Today in the 14:50, currently 4/5

Bet 365 have a money back offer on EW singles. They will refund half of the stake straight away, so the EW part is free basically.

Yeah just saw Topofthegame is odds on. Having run at Cheltenham too that's a bit short.

Though his main two challengers also ran at Cheltenham.

If you fancy Tiger Roll, the prices will drift out in the morning to entice the once a year punters. I'd want 7/2 to complete trouble free, but if he does get a clear run he's going to be exceptionally difficult to beat.

I'll chance Up for Review and the absolute dog that is Singlefarmpayment.

Tiger Roll is 4/1 at the moment

Bet 365 are doing same deal as last year, if you put a bet on before 12 tomorrow, they basically double your stake.

Randomly had Mcfabulous off what you put Nando - cheers pal

Champ with a tremendous performance today, called that one spectacularly wrong.

Didn't look like one that was crying out for 3m after his Cheltenham performance where he looked to be out stayed by City Island. They went a crawl today but he travelled very sweetly indeed.

The pace definitely helped. A brisker one and he'd have struggled IMO.

Barry Geraghty wont be riding, gone to hospital with suspected broken leg.

Didn't look like one that was crying out for 3m after his Cheltenham performance where he looked to be out stayed by City Island. They went a crawl today but he travelled very sweetly indeed.

Bit late too this and a bit of after timing but he's bred to stay all day and i think he's got quite a deceptive running style. His dam is a half sister to 3 time gold cup winner Best Mate and to 2 other 3 mile+ winners. With that breeding he should jump a fence too and i think he's perfect for the RSA at Cheltenham next year.

I'm backing Lakeview Lad as he's done me some favours this season, seems strong stayer. Also fancy Rathvinden, Mullins's horses seem in good nick. Will be very interesting to see how One For Arthur fares, got his ground and under the radar maybe.

No horse has successfully defended the National since Red Rum in 73/74. That's not a trend you can ignore. I'll be looking past the favourite.

My mate told me to back Topofthegame whenever it runs.

True but no National winner (off the top of my head) has ever gone to Cheltenham the next year and won by over 20 lengths. He is the class horse but price is the issue rather then if he is good enough.

Did a shortlist last night have 12 on it! Have to do some more thinking this morning

Bit late too this and a bit of after timing but he's bred to stay all day and i think he's got quite a deceptive running style. His dam is a half sister to 3 time gold cup winner Best Mate and to 2 other 3 mile+ winners. With that breeding he should jump a fence too and i think he's perfect for the RSA at Cheltenham next year.
He does look very exciting indeed for chasing next year. Hope you won a nice few bob, Slink! Very happy to be proven wrong by a proper horse like that.

What a horse. Pissed up. Unbelievable stuff.

How is it "making history" when it's been done before?

Back