• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Cardiff 3 -The verdict

D

Deleted Cyber

Another home defeat by another team who tried their luck from distance and found too much space and a keeper dozing? Off you go

Think you said it all Cyber. Poor stuff.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Martinez straight in next game. And a couple of centre halfs because Batth and EEL are calamities.

Midfield two of McD and Edwards is not a good idea.

I suppose after four successive wins we were due an unexpected reversal. We just need to move on to the next game.

Should have taken the money in the summer in hindsight. He's nothing special.

What this result shows is how wrong it is to say, "Well, we were poor but we won and the result is the only thing that matters." You may get away with lucky wins in one or two games but over the course of the season you'll get found out. We're nowhere near good enough and as DW spelt out on the Winter Unimprovement thread, virtually every part of the team needs strengthening. The recruitment strategy is a sick joke and the manager is a mid-table plodder at best.

2 shots on target at home is really not good enough and we have more shots agianst us than pretty much anyone. That to me shows that are not clinical or accurate enough and we dont defend well enough . That cant just be the system it has to be personnel. KMac is one paced. Edwards is Edwards. That pairing is never going to bring dividends. Whole squad clearout in the summer me thinks

In the first half we looked the more dangerous in terms of possession, but they scored 2, hit the bar and had another shot which was deflected narrowly wide with Ikeme a bystander.

Their first swerved and moved, but it went into the middle of the goal, on Ikeme and much as I like him it happens too often. I thought Pilkington was offside for the ball over the top .

The second the keeper couldn't sniff. The way I saw it, Doherty is out of position so Batth picks him up, jockeys for 5 yds as he runs horizontal to the box, doesn't put a challenge in and then curls into the top corner.

The third is a classic Wolves goal conceded, back off, back off....shit goal.

Graham had his worst game I've seen, played for himself, shot when he shouldn't have, crossing poor. I hope he is Ok.

Zyro isn't a number 9, his natural inclination is to pull wide, leaving us with a gap in the middle. 3 in 2 not to be sniffed at though

Won't be a popular shout but I thought Edwards was our best player, some good tackles and tried to get us going. Him and McDonald as a two though were too deep

RVLP was ok, but as we know can't hit a cows arse with a banjo and Marshall shouldn't really have pushed his shot out to Zyro for the goal

Coady isn't a right sided midfielder, but we knew that anyway

McDonald - as much as I enjoy watching him play - isn't the type to drag a team through a game at this level. Surrounded by good players he looks the part as he has a lot of quality.

It's pretty embarrassing that we can only defend if we play a mind numbingly boring brand of 'football'. That is down to poor management.

In the first half we looked the more dangerous in terms of possession, but they scored 2, hit the bar and had another shot which was deflected narrowly wide with Ikeme a bystander.

Their first swerved and moved, but it went into the middle of the goal, on Ikeme and much as I like him it happens too often. I thought Pilkington was offside for the ball over the top .

The second the keeper couldn't sniff. The way I saw it, Doherty is out of position so Batth picks him up, jockeys for 5 yds as he runs horizontal to the box, doesn't put a challenge in and then curls into the top corner.

The third is a classic Wolves goal conceded, back off, back off....shit goal.

Graham had his worst game I've seen, played for himself, shot when he shouldn't have, crossing poor. I hope he is Ok.

Zyro isn't a number 9, his natural inclination is to pull wide, leaving us with a gap in the middle. 3 in 2 not to be sniffed at though

Won't be a popular shout but I thought Edwards was our best player, some good tackles and tried to get us going. Him and McDonald as a two though were too deep

RVLP was ok, but as we know can't hit a cows arse with a banjo and Marshall shouldn't really have pushed his shot out to Zyro for the goal

Coady isn't a right sided midfielder, but we knew that anyway

Agree with most of that. Rvlp to be fair final ball aside had a decent first half. Happily admit I may have been wrong there.

Back