• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 0 Aston Villa: May we never take this nosebleed for granted.

We're a bit good, aren't we? Need to see the goals again, especially the 2nd as I missed it putting the kids to bed!

I love everything about this team at the moment.

Just watched 15 minutes of Barca and I never thought I'd say this but they play very much like us!

That was magnificent. I fucking love Nuno's wolves.

Great game, amazing atmosphere. It's a privilege to watch this team - I definitely chose the best season to get my first season ticket after 20 years.

Superb performance and superb result.

I will enjoy watching that again

Best performance I’ve seen for a long, long time. Maybe even the best. Jota, Cav, Miranda, Neves and Bonatini were nothing short of sublime and the rest were it too shabby either. Even Doherty. It was pure domination from start to finish and the passing and link play were unreal, if it hadn’t have been for Hutton it would have been five and we could have had even more. What a way to go top of the league.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate.

1) Jotas turn and run
2) Docs outside of the foot crossfield pass
3) Neves flick and turn

This is the best Wolves team I have ever seen, I literally drool at the mouth watching them at the moment and if I ever meet Diogo I might fall at his feet like a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Brief highlights

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11081746/wolves-2-0-aston-villa[/video]

Even my fiancée, who hates sport, thought we were impressive.

It's good that we can be so good whilst Costa is getting back up to speed. I think it took him a little while before he got really good last season

Jota is amazing. It is ridiculous that we have him playing for us, he's far too good for this division.

That was an absolute privilege to watch.

Before the match kicked off, Villa were seen to be title contenders. They were on a good run themselves and have a number of "Championship experienced and battle ready" players. We played them off the park.

Honestly, I cannot remember a performance where we have controlled the game from start to finish as well as that. We made Villa look a very ordinary side - and the scary thing is, we have a couple more gears to go up through, in my opinion.

Douglas was probably our poorest performer. I felt he gave away some free kicks in dangerous positions, which on another day could have been punished - but overall, it was a top performance by the whole side, and Nuno has my complete trust. He's a top bloke - extremely focused and everything he seems to be doing at the moment seems to be working.

Top of the league, and if I'm honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see us stay there now.

That was an absolute privilege to watch.

Before the match kicked off, Villa were seen to be title contenders. They were on a good run themselves and have a number of "Championship experienced and battle ready" players. We played them off the park.

Honestly, I cannot remember a performance where we have controlled the game from start to finish as well as that. We made Villa look a very ordinary side - and the scary thing is, we have a couple more gears to go up through, in my opinion.

Douglas was probably our poorest performer. I felt he gave away some free kicks in dangerous positions, which on another day could have been punished - but overall, it was a top performance by the whole side, and Nuno has my complete trust. He's a top bloke - extremely focused and everything he seems to be doing at the moment seems to be working.

Top of the league, and if I'm honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see us stay there now.

Not seen anything that is as good & twelve games is enough to look at the oppopsition

Ray Houghton 'I thought the first half was even, but then an early goal in the second half and that was that' Or words to that effect. Yes Ray it was indeed even, only on the score mind you daft cunt.

Hi ho Wolverhampton was the loudest moment I’ve heard at Molineux in many many years.

Wow I've had a tough week with my MH issues this week and almost didn't go today but I'm so glad I did as that's given me a real lift just watching that. It's the most complete performance I've seen from us in a long time. Neves, Jota and Miranda were the stands for me but all of them were superb.
If Ray Houghton thought it was even until we scored he's complete bafoon, this is the same man who believes if you've never played the game your point isn't valid.

Houghton talks shit on all forms of media. No idea why he gets the gig on sky/talk sport

Absolutely delighted, only seen highlights but sounds like we completely bossed the game and maybe should have had another goal. Only one negative for me..............gunna be tricky getting tickets from now on

Channel 5 finally realised that we are in this league - first on tonight

Back