• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 0 Aston Villa: May we never take this nosebleed for granted.

Such a joy reading through these 4 pages of comments on a Sunday morning and every Wolf is a happy Wolf :)

At present Jota is our stand out player - the speed this guys moves With The Ball is amazing. If he gets injured, we could struggle a little even though we have plenty on the bench to come in, his spark is what we need.

Currently can't afford wolves TV, but if anyone records the games and can send me a copy, I will marry you!! Pm if you can make and old wolf very happy, especially with yesterdays game.

Currently can't afford wolves TV, but if anyone records the games and can send me a copy, I will marry you!! Pm if you can make and old wolf very happy, especially with yesterdays game.

Try the highlights to start with ;)

Just watched the whole game again and still can't believe how good we were. Even in the first half when we didn't really get players in the box we moved the ball around in the style of a team that knows how good they are and want to show everyone. The spirit and passion they showed when we scored too and Nuno saying we can still improve and it's about the squad rather than individuals will keep our feet firmly on the floor. We have had a lot of shit over the past few years but that all looks like it's over and we are on the way to where we belong.

Try the highlights to start with ;)

Wolves just posted them I watched them five times in a row already, Bonatini showed so much intelligence in the move for his goal, pulling back from being offside, clearly shouldering the ball to avoid any doubt about handball, and threaded it through the eye of a needle.
I have a hard on watching the highlights!!!! Send me the game someone, in have tissues at the ready.

I know we have done this to death, but to stay brave and play silky football against a physical 'British' team just proves yet again that this lot will relish cold nights oop north rather than fear them.

The effort we put in off the ball impressed me a lot yesterday. When the whistle went for FT, Saiss basically collapsed on the pitch. He, like the rest of them, gave everything they had yesterday.

I am not there, and certainly not at the games, just living off highlights, but following the forum, following the press, trust me there is a feeling about wolves right now, that I haven't seen or felt since the glory days of the 70's. I just love that Nuno calls the fans the "pack", as an old ad man, this kind of says that there is something in the air. I cannot wait for the result of the man city game, I think we may surprise them, even in defeat.
Exciting times my friends, I feel it in the bones!!

This squad has not been put together with this season in mind, it won’t be said publicly but the club must have an eye on next season in the Premier League. This season is about bedding in a style of play.

Forget the cliches about the Championship, if you have a collection of good players who can play well together as a team then getting promoted is a realistic aspiration. We have a collection of really good players who have developed well as a team. What they are asked to do is not particularly complicated but they are generally very good at executing it on a consistent basis. And I still think we are getting better.

First half yesterday we were ok. Too good for Villa but just ok. Cav, Costa and Jota up front didn’t really work and that’s a combination that we will need to be working but Villa dealt with the threat they posed. Bonatini had an immediate impact and certainly brought out the best of Jota. Our second half performance was where we need to be consistently and if we do there won’t be many teams who will be able to cope with it.

Douglas was solid if not quite hitting his pre injury levels, Costa clearly needs game time and Ruddy was likely bored...otherwise it is hard to pick fault in the performance individually or collectively. I am quite liking the bet I had on Wolves to win the league at 14/1

Any (minor) setback this season has been met positively. We are scoring goals and generally secure at the back. We have had some decent players over the last 30 years at various times but take the best of them and put them in the same team and I would still fancy this current team to beat them.

My first game since forest last season.

Great to see so many friends too - wonderful to see darlo & sam (been too long, hope it won't be as long til next time) deutsch & kenny, machin and his introducing me to a lovely ale, lycan (brilliant to see him smiling!) and to meet trips for the first time. We also saw victhegreek walk past the royal london, but apparently the staff stopped letting people in.

I actually saw darlo on the way back. Will be in the Royal London from Lunch time next Saturday.
in over 50 years of supporting Wolves this was the first season I invested in a season ticket.
Of course I knew what was coming

Nuno's take on the game

Have spent this morning grinning (even when cleaning the bathroom which I hate doing) & reading what everyone is saying about us

Pure liquid football

Last season the reasons to come up were - meeting friends, then beer with football an incidental add on - this year, much as I love you all & like beer it's the football that draws me in.

We won't win every week & we will have days when things go against us, but really don't fear anyone at this level now. People have talked about the possibility of injuries & yes there are players we don't want to lose, but we do have competent Championship players who can't even get into the match day 18 now!

Six clean sheets
Strikers that score
Lovely football, a joy on the eye
Stadium rocking
Begrudging respect from rival teams

This team looks awesome. I have to pinch myself.

I want to post my ratings but I need to forewarn everyone that Jota is not my MOTM.

Same for me, Neves was brilliant yesterday. Good to have coady back too, so good at getting the ball moving quickly.

Neves was very good indeed, but have come to expect that from him

Jota was the spark that brought the win so would give him MoTM for that

Back