• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 0 Aston Villa: May we never take this nosebleed for granted.

The best compliment I can give this magnificent group of players, is that they have tempered my pre-match drinking.

I want to be copos mentis for every second I witness them.

An extraordinary attacking force for this level.

Oh, and the football leading up to Jota's header (which was over the line, by the way) was absolutely sensational.

Channel 5 finally realised that we are in this league - first on tonight

Indeed we must be good to get on first.

I toyed with not going today and watching on TV instead as my eyes are really bad at the moment. Definitely glad I made the effort as I think that may well be the best I've ever seen us play. Jota and Neves were immense (Jota playing for us is practically obscene) best I've seen Miranda play too as he's looked a bit shaky previously.

Had we scored that 3rd after taking the piss for at least a minute it would have been Brasil 1970 all over again (little bit of hyperbole).

It was a real sit up and take notice performance by us today. I actually don't think Villa will threaten the top 2 and will flirt between 9-5 all season.

We have comfortably beaten a decent side in villa. Make no mistake they will challenge top 6. But we looked miles better in every department. In truth once we were 2 up we took the piss. I loved it. Does that make me a bad person?

Ive been a Wolves supporter for over 45 years and this is the best team since King John,The Doog,Tank, Bailey,Waggy & Co graced the Molineux turf (early 70's)

I'm bursting with pride, we finally have a class team and manager we can be proud of :buttkick1: bragging rights to the Molineux men

Ive been a Wolves supporter for over 45 years and this is the best team since King John,The Doog,Tank, Bailey,Waggy & Co graced the Molineux turf (early 70's)

I'm bursting with pride, we finally have a class team and manager we can be proud of :buttkick1: bragging rights to the Molineux men

Sacrilegious as I watched that team with a great deal of pleasure - not sure whether this team or the 70's team would come out on top

It's as good as that

First things first: I thought Villa were pretty good. A decent yardstick
Secondly, we slaughtered them. And the football we played was just beautiful. Should have had another at the end when Marshall shot instead of passing, but 2-0 will do. Huge gulf in class between today's game and last night's Blues/Cardiff game.
And, as a few people have said, we look like we still have room to improve.
Still can't believe it when Danny Batth slides a pass accurately to a team mate instead of lumping it forward

That little overhead flick from Neves for 2nd goal is just a joy to watch counter attacking football at its absolute best.

You missed out Frank Munro....!!

Absolutely this. Those were the days, my friend, and now they're back again. We were an absolute cut above one of the best half-dozen (or fewer) sides in the division today. Not for a second did I feel in the least bit worried that we'd concede, never mind lose. Such a change from the last few seasons. Like all owners, ours are trying to buy success but, my god, they've spent their money wisely. And as for Nuno, I can see him being our SAF.

1st match I've properly watched a full 90 minutes, have listened, watched bits and bobs and of course highlights of all previous matches.
From the outset I thought we were on the ball on the game and Villa didn't really look like scoring, I think we made it look very easy.
Very proud to be a Wolves supporter from afar, may even think about moving back! :)

My God. This looks like a pretty damn good time to be a Wolves fan. Early steps in the plan, but we are playing football I dreamed of. So happy.

VillaTalk is a SUPERB read this evening.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16936-ratings-reactions-wolves-v-villa/

A mixture of "Bruce is shit" and "Wolves are the best team in the league."

And what a difference from the Cardiff morons, who actually believe they have a team worth watching. Fair play to the Villa fans there for calling it as it is. I know they aren't the most popular side on here, and they've had some jokers running things (haven't we all?), but I've never minded them as a team.

Fair comments on villatalk - accepted that we were good & had better players than they did

For me a telling observation is that the likes of Doherty & Batth outplayed them & they are not what you would call the most influential players we have

Back